Customer service response times

Just send a mail off to Orange in the UK.

Got this weird message on sending the form "we will try to get back to you soon but it might take a while"....almost as if they were apologising in advance!

Then I got a confirmation mail come through - "We've passed your query to one of our advisors and they'll reply to you within 5 days"

5 days?!

Bloody hell, I want a response by tomorrow morning!

Seems too long to you that? Sure does me.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a bit long but at least they're up front about it and are managing your expectations. I reckon they'll get back to you within a few days and then you'll almost feel like you got good service! lol

It's like the "expect 28 days for delivery" thing.

I just seems like a different era.

Thing that makes it really crazy is that this company is a telecommunications company, selling broadbant internet connections!

Hey a got a mail from Orange this morning.... telling me that it might take up to 5 days to respond... again!

lol

"For this time of year we are unusually busy and there may be a longer wait than anticipated."

I wonder if they are unusually busy all year round, or if they really are unusually busy in early February!! lol

Sounds like some clever IT nerd has set email responses up to automatically get sent out every day or so saying they are awfully busy, but you are in the queue (bit like the phone message when they have you on hold)...

Do these company's REALLY think that we believe someone has taken the time to let us know they are very busy, rather than just answer the blasted question?

Yeah, I like the adverts too, b ut am not sure that the reality stacks up.

The banks follow the golden rule ... who has the gold makes the rules ...

Which bank? All bl00dy banks!