Customer service response times

I think the point is they do not want to provide customer service.

If you wish to pay for the package they advertise without asking any questions and without wishing to complain then they would like your custom. If not - they have clearly said bugger off, have they not?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're very likely right Mamabear. Problem is, I have some questions I need answering before buying.

So I suppose I should just bugger off. sadface

3 did reply though like I said - just not to my rather simple questions!

It really sucks pie-eater.

Are there any other phone companies you could try? surely there has to be one out there at the moment that has seen the niche (if you can call adequate customer service a niche) and is providing what you need.

OK here we go then.

I want to sign up to get their (3) pay as you go mobile wifi thing and you get 3GB of data transfer included. You can top up whenever. The main question I have is ---- is there any kind of time limit on that data? ie. does it become useless if I don't use it in, say, 6 months. Or, is there no time limit and I can just use it when I go back to the UK.

Quote:
Pay As You Go

•Get yourself started with a whole 3 months to use your top up. Your 3 USB Modem is already loaded with the data allowance you've chosen - just plug it in and surf away.

•When you run out of data you can buy a Top-up and convert it to the Add-on of your choice. Simple.

I read that as 3 months for the initial "top up" they give you. And 3 months to use additional top ups you top up with.

But that's just my interpretation.

Don't know. I'm a stickler for wanting to have a basic understanding of things before buying, silly me.

Hey I got another reponse from them:

Quote:
The Top up has no validity so you can just top up for minimum £10 which will never expire but if you convert your top up to an Add-on than it will be valid for 30 days. The top up needs to be converted to an Add-on to get great value for your money so £10 will give you 1GB. (If you don't, convert your top up to an addon than you will be charged 30p per MB).

Not sure I understand that. I will re-read once I have had some coffee and breakfast.

OK I still don't understand that response and I don't understand what the difference is between topup and add on is, and the website refuses to tell me.

This is really frustrating me, as you can no doubt tell! grandpa

The guys name on the email is unpronoucable. Perhaps predictably, sounds Indian.

Imagine some Japanese company, in Japan, having their local customer service/support lines staffed by gaijin who couldn't speak Japanese very well. I just can't see that happening.

The UK is going nuts, it really is. There's just so many basic things that are just ----- wrong.

Good pies, but stuff like this just does my head in.

It's not clear is it.

This is what I think it is saying

Buy your mifi dongle thingy and it'll have 3GB allowance ready to use.

When you need more, you need to "top up" - 1GB @ 10 quid, 3GB at 15 quid, 7GB at 25 quid. You can do that online or by buying at a shop. When you have done that, in order to use these topups, you need to register them as "add on" to your account, and when you do that - and not before - they become valid to use. Once you have done that, this add on data allowance is valid for 30 days.

??

I see the website has pretty much no information about how the dongle thing works. And how you recharge it. I presume batteries connected to a computer because it says a USB cable is provide, but there's no mention of AC adaptor or batterys or anything else.

Bloody useless.

Another confusing thing

http://www.three.co.uk/Mobile_Broadband/MiFi_plus_iPod_bundle

(ignore the ipod touch info, see table lower down)

69.99 for the gadget + 3GB package. Deal!

But, wait:

49.99 for the gadget + 15 quid for 3GB = 64.99

So the package is more expensive than buying separately?

confused

And just to confuse things further,

"Pay As You Go + gives you a ready-to-go dongle that's preloaded with Mobile Broadband data. Just choose how much data you think you'll need. You can use the data for up to 24 months. There's no need to top-up before you get going, just top-up when you run out of data."

But I think that might be for mobile broadband (one that is like a USB stick) rather than for this mobile mifi thing. It is not clear. But why would date on one expire quicker than on the other.

Got to wonder if these things are purposefully made unclear or not.

Ridiculous.