Hi SJ's

Quick report and some Photos from the last 4 days.

Flew into Hokkaido on the Sunday 3 hour bus sleep with 15 others fast check (Hilton) in gear was in the room and hit the slopes under 1 hour.

Great start!

By far the best visibility day of the trip, sun was out the powder was great , but quite carved up as we missed the morning session.

thenoie_20.JPG

Mountain View from the room (14th floor)

I was very happy with the Hilton (deal through JAL-Tours) Gondola and ease of getting going each morning was great (ill write a review soon).

thenoie_21.JPG

Into the gondola and up the mountain 9 min ride

First day was all about getting the groove on before hitting the backcountry the rest of the trip.

Planed to check everything for on the first day but we were all surprised by how nice it all was after lunch on a Sunday.

thenoie_22.JPG

Peak view from the Gondola exit, didn’t see it the next 3 days

We ran all the Runs on the Niseko Village side, went a little too far once and paid a 300yen single trip fare.

Spent a lot of time on this Single chair as the un-groomed areas were keeping the fluff nicely and we had some new to Pow

thenoie_23.JPG

Top of the wonderland single chair looking towards Hirafu

First tracks on wonderwall (we renamed it after the song came onto my iPod while carving down on day 2) for 3 days would be close to the highlight of the trip.

thenoie_24.JPG

Limbering up POW above the knees fresh tracks in the trees 2pm

Day 2 (Mon)

Headed to Annupuri and really had some fun, i was expecting this to be in worse condition as all the wind was coming from the west but with less people and 3 gates we lost 2 days here and had a lot of fun not the deepest powder of the trip but by far the most fun, the others loved the bowls while i stayed in my trees , lots of kickers and jumps after lunch and i could find fresh areas until we needed to head back over to our resort area at the end of the day.

thenoie_25.JPG

Talked to the bar staff and found some more interesting areas

thenoie_26.JPG

More protected, more deep, more steep, more fun

thenoie_27.JPG

lots of room to move

thenoie_28.JPG

Scoping out the next run

Day 3 (Tues)

Started in Annupuri again, then headed to grand Hirafu, I did not want to leave this area!, after enjoying the top gates 4 times, the runs are long and we were unfit but the options were just amazing.

I could not see the trip getting any better, but we had head good things about Hirafu's Strawberry fields Hanazono and the protected face of super (deepest pow all trip).

this proved to be the most varied day with 4 gates and over 20 runs. the bar at the Hilton was out of Moet, VB, Guiness but we still drank like we had earned it!.

I dont have any shots from this day, but really, we didnt stop much.

thenoie_29.JPG

Gave the Camera to the GF on the best day, all i have is this......

Day 4, (Wed - last day 16:20 bus)

Feeling my Age this day (no it wasnt the drink, honest). set out the plan for the day (before working on backflips on the jumping castle in-between shots)

however the plan was (Annupuri gates then Hanazono and Strawberry fields) totalled screwed by the Single Chair only being open for 30 mins in the morning, 3 runs down Wonderland (we wanted to try each others boards (park-freeride-pow)) and could not get over to the gates without walking for 30 mins... We heading down Superstition into misoshiru a couple of times instead and found them much more enjoyable than the previous days (not many tracks as the whole top was closed hindering cross resort travel).

Finished with a couple of runs just up and down the mori-no-chair (should have don this earlier) as all the trees left and right seems to be scaring people in the heavy slow. (very cold day!) some of the most intense riding of the 4 days.

We will all be back there soon, maybe this season again for a 3 day or maybe a nice week long session

thenoie_30.JPG

G7 nice slow start

thenoie_31.JPG

View from the room, while packing (15:00 checkout)

cool.

I'm not stalking you, I hit Tomamu a month after you and will hit Niseko a month after you too.

The bar run out of Moet? What kinda bar is that!

It's like a ramen place running out of char siu.