People you just can't get on with /.dread meeting

Dread is perhaps too strong a word but do you have any person/people you really do not like having to deal with?

There's this one guy at work and I simply hate having to deal with him. He's arrogant, old-school type inflexible jobsworth type but loves his 'power position' (lol). I get this anxious feeling every time I need to approach the geezer. Wish I could get rid of that feeling but don't seem to be able to shake it - any fun advice on how to deal with such dudes. Or practical jokes I can play on him without getting caught! lol

Yup.

Have a woman I used to be close to who would sooner stab you in the back professionally than look at you. Scares me half to death when I have to deal with her.

I reckon that fear is a flight/flight response. Totally normal human reaction in the face of extreme risk! lol

Best revenge is living well and not letting them get to you.

Those people do not succeed because no-one talks to them and so they dont get the insider info or get involved on the cool new projects unless there is an incredibly strong reason to involve them.

Only had one guy who has gotten to me in recent years that way. We both got taken out to dinner by the boss one night and both got quite drunk. After the dinner he accosted me about a few issues between us and I lost it and left him in a pool of his own blood on the sidewalk. Luckily he didn't work for the company much longer after that! biggrin

(Please note I'm not normally a violent person, that's the only physical altercation I've had with someone since secondary school, not counting the work related incidents I had whilst working in a prison over 10 years ago)

I dislike the accountant my company uses and am not 100% sure that I totally trust he is doing his best on my behalf. I often find out things 'later' which really really annoys me. Having said that, he does have a decent reputation, is not really expensive and there is very little choice in these inaka parts.

It's frustrating not understanding lots of legal/tax stuff.

So I really never look forward to speaking with him as I often end up frustrated.

GN, a prison? Wow didn't picture that...Must have some good stories.

Similarly, I generally am very friendly to everyone. I'm sure everyone has met that type of person that usually drinks to bring out their inner badass that otherwise would stay in cowardly solitude. For some reason they like to pick on the guys that aren't as big. Needless to say I am not a big guy (5'10 or so) and one time a guy who was well over his limit was intoxicated and decided to try and impress a girl at the bar by telling me I took his seat and should concede to his wants. Well, I rejected his offer and he felt the need to throw me off the chair. Long story short I ended up with a black eye and the girls number. He had to get stitches after he woke up.

Ahhh see, maybe he is a regular and that is HIS seat... doh

FFS mate try a different seat, look at a different view, live a little.

I am a deadset pacifist, but I am glad ya gave him his Mitch. people like that really get up my nose.

oh groan!

I just got a call from one of these people (and I had forgotten she existed). Right pain up bum!

Not too sure why she actually called - I think she was looking for dirt and gossip - but I also think I offended her by being 'busy'. Good lord I have so many really big issues going on in my life right now (waiting for my last MRI results - and going nuts!)I just DO NOT have the time, patience or inclination for these people.

Go annoy someone else!

I just dread meeting & can't get on with my dentist.

He keeps asking me questions at the most in-oportune times.

He can be a pain