Originally Posted By: thursday
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Good course that, Skyline. You can go VERY fast down there smile

If you hit those walls at speed, will you be able to take off?

If you hit those walls at speed (some of them are 5ft-6ft)yes you will take off...
on the other side biggrin you have some VERY steep drops, do a scouting run first biggrin

you can indeed go very fast..
For some reason people don't head down there first thing in the morning, (it leads to 3 very fun Blacks and 2 nice Reds ) but takes a while to get back up to the top.

both of these shots are around the middle mark.

It starts windy and a little narrow, then these two slopes, (you need to carry speed to get through the flats) then it gets steeper towards the end, then prob the steepest run in Nozawa if you head down Mukoubayashi you don't finish at a lift , so maybe thats why i never saw lots of people there.

Lovely pics! Thanks for the pics, that course looks great. Would love to go wizzing down that.

Well I will be off to Madarao Kogen sometime next month, compliments of SJ, I may pop over to Nozawa while Im up there if I have time.

Can you drop off into the trees off the side though? I very much dislike skiing on-piste!
Originally Posted By: Go Native

Can you drop off into the trees off the side though? I very much dislike skiing on-piste!

You can, but not recommended there, (and is marked out of bounds) down a little further there are some nice tight tree runs,

The top of the mountain (Yamabiko) has a lot of area for off piste, and even after 2 days i could see fresh runs all over,

Hi Noie, I saw this pic of yours on Nozawa Now photos. I don't recognise it as a Nozawa course. Interested to find out where it is taken from.

Cheers

NozawaNow_203.JPG

A guess, from memory of last January there, it would be from a ways down skyline looking back up towards the top? OR from one of the "nice blacks" that Noie mentioned.

Originally Posted By: snowjunky
Hi Noie, I saw this pic of yours on Nozawa Now photos. I don't recognise it as a Nozawa course. Interested to find out where it is taken from.
Cheers

NozawaNow_203.JPG

Hmm seem to be a little mix up,
Thats from my Tomamu Trip biggrin

thenoie_12.JPG

(photo Description)
"The most people i saw all weekend"
Location & Related Info
Alpha Resort Tomamu, Hokkaido

Ill pass onto the admins