Ski / Board Movies, what are people watching?

Claim. Watched it at our lodge in Nozawa. Brought it in Brisbane when we got back home watched it twice so far.Well worth a look.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the Blizard of Ahhhs (and other old Greg Stump movies)on DVD for a while, about a month ago I picked up the new Teton Gravity Research - Re:sessions, sick sick ski movie, which I've been watchi

watched that tonight.....very nice!!

Just ordered this for my oldest boy for Xmas. Don't know if it's new or been out a while but the trailer below appeals - Part gnarly snowboarding and part mountaineering. None of that wishy washy, wa

Couldn't find a newer post so attached to last years.

Just bought Standing Sideways (Burton2011) from Mainpeak only $11.95

Great movie a good mix and good soundtrack.

Definitely worth the money.

Seemore

Been watching Match Stick productions Attack of La Nina, which I got from iTunes on Friday, got me very hyped for winter. Loads of free bits floating around, Nimbus Independant (Pep Fuja, Eric Pollard, Chris Benchetlet) got loads on their vimeo chanel, also The Balance of Powder by Sherpas is nice free vid I watched yesterday.

Also check http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/19067-anyone-seen-any-good-snow-movies-recently/page__fromsearch__1

Glad i got a blu-ray for films like Art of Flight . Looking forward to Xavier De la Rue's movie, Currently getting stoked on all the pillow lines in Attack of La Nina, sick!

The Art of Flight by Brain Farm and Libtech snowboards.

The same people who brought us That's it That's all.

Just amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh29_SERH0Y

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kh29_SERH0Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

watched that tonight.....very nice!!

• Like 1

Got TGR's One for the Road, and was very underwhelmed (let down). It spent too much time talking about 'The Road', rather than the usual, more interesting banter from the athletes about the places they were skiing/visiting. Also the reality TV style of watching the aspiring pro receive the phone call in his room inviting him to go ski and film in Alaska was just plain cringe. The 'Reality TV' format, the people who enjoy it and all it represents should be dumped into the middle of the ocean IMO, I certainly feel it has no place in a snow movie. Attack of La Nina >>One for the Road

sorry ju87, no idea on Car Danchi outside of Jp,

Just bought That's It, That's All - Travis Rice and associates. really enjoyed it. Stunning scenery and snowboarding.

I watched it a couple of weeks ago and was AMAZED to find the south american part didnt in fact take up half the film, but a mere ten or so minutes. After all the people moaning about how they all just spent half the movie sitting around failing to ride, i was really looking forward to a snowboard movie that doesnt just show rail after rail, or huge white line after huge white line.

Saying that though, the incessant slomo and the double helicopters (to film the helicopter "filming the action" and not at all filming the sponsor) grated on me a wee bit.

Some nice hits and all that, but its just another snowboard movie and i hate those things. :) Give me jeremy jones sitting in a tent for three days moaning about the weather :p

Just watched "an ordinary skier" a different slant on a ski movie , but a great insight to what make one ofnthe best skiers in the world tick!!

Just wondering what you thought of The Grand Bizarre? What's it like?

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought That's It, That's All - Travis Rice and associates. really enjoyed it. Stunning scenery and snowboarding.

I watched it a couple of weeks ago and was AMAZED to find the south american part didnt in fact take up half the film, but a mere ten or so minutes. After all the people moaning about how they all just spent half the movie sitting around failing to ride, i was really looking forward to a snowboard movie that doesnt just show rail after rail, or huge white line after huge white line.

Saying that though, the incessant slomo and the double helicopters (to film the helicopter "filming the action" and not at all filming the sponsor) grated on me a wee bit.

Some nice hits and all that, but its just another snowboard movie and i hate those things. :) Give me jeremy jones sitting in a tent for three days moaning about the weather :p

I enjoyed the film...but I don't agree with the whole sponsor thing...

...I could go for a Red Bull right about now ;)

Like it, though that steak at the end has made me really hungry!! :yummy:

I saw "Nowhere", the latest Absinthe Films' offering this evening, which was good but I really didn't like the music they'd chosen!! I know it shouldn't matter but I think next time I'll press the mute button and listen to something better on my iPod! ;)

Nowhere is Absinthe's film from last year. This year's one is called Twel12ve.. Still yet to see it..

I find a lot of films have crud music. It's either hip-hop (nothing really to do with snowboarding...) or hard rock/metal, which doesn't go with the peacefulness I feel when snowboarding... Give me some good DnB or cruisey music as a soundtrack anyday..

I don't watch many board movies but I find the voiceovers harder going than the music. All the snowboarding as a way of life and pushing the boundaries cliches. They say the same thing every time.