I decided to take the trip through the tunnel into Gunma again today and checked out Kawaba. With a bit of speeding on the expressway, I was there in an hour or so.

Really liked it. The resort is much bigger than I imagined - it wasn't fully open, a few courses and lifts not moving yet - but the snow that was there was terrific. Really good quality. The main lifts are fast and long as well and the place just feels bigger than most of the resorts around where I live.

I'm definitely going back, seems like a quality place. Definitely worth checking out. I'll write a resort review sometime this week.

I'm really starting to dig Gunma.

I didn't take as many pics as I usually do but here's just a few I have just loaded up to give you an idea.

--

The multi-story carpark / ski centre. The bottom of the ski resort and 3 lifts are just outside this building on the other side

muikabochi_1988.JPG

muikabochi_2002.JPG

muikabochi_1993.JPG

Not open yet:

muikabochi_1992.JPG

muikabochi_1991.JPG

muikabochi_1990.JPG

muikabochi_1989.JPG

muikabochi_1995.JPG

Went to Kawaba last season and was impressed with it. Had some great looking tree areas to play in, but I stuck to the pisted areas. The ungroomed run at the top was fun. Also the restaurants are cheaper than other ski hills.

Originally Posted By: andylaurel
I rode at least 4 days at Kawaba last season. It was definately one of my favorites.

First time was exactly a year ago yesterday, yeah?

記念日ãŠã‚ã§ã¨ã†ï½žï¼ cheers

Wanna hit it up again this weekend? Does your ticket cover that?

It is a great place, but it isn't very wide and come weekends it's pretty packed. I remember even the jyokyuu getting a bit crowded as well and I had a couple close encounters with some rogue skiers. The tree paths are fun and there are plenty of walls/powder to play with so I recommend everyone try it at least once!

• 2 weeks later...