• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easier said than done JA!

Would if I could ... but I am on a time deadline, and I am pretty sure they aren't planning on having a demo week up there in Niseko between Christmas and New Years! lol

Great Video isn't it Gareth!

Just hope I can get in and out of them as easy as they make it look.

I am pretty happy with the quality of the bindings as well...the cinches looked good, lots of moving parts, but good - but really only had stock of the lower end of the range models - and I wanted to get really good bindings - so I was getting frustrated. Then I came across these! Never heard of them before. Pretty sexy they are too!!

LOL!!! Yeah! I am loving them!

You are right. Takes a while to get used to using them. I had trouble clipping in on slopes a few times, and today it was not so easy in the gale force winds, but even considering those things they are quicker than regular ratchet bindings.

I am loving being the first one clipped in and ready to go - I was always the slowest. The last on/off the lift. The last one to scooch over the where we clip in. The last one to be ready to go. NOT ANY MORE! I am numero uno every time! biggrin (or should I say ICHI!)

dawnblue,

you can always get yourself some Fastec's and stick the Burton Cartels on eBay...

I have to get an eBay account happening - we have enough old gear for a 2nd hand shop now. I was keeping it all to help out others so it wasn't so expensive just to trial the sport - but what we have now is ridiculous!!

BTW:

The Burton Troop - wicked! thumbsup

lol

Actually - I just got back in.

The Family Pairs and the Holiday were the only two lifts operating, but the 16yr old Cub wanted to go stretch his legs so we headed out.

Only did 3 Ace Family runs, but it was great fun.

Ace Pairs opened up while we were out, but HUGE queue for not much more terrain to play in - so we just played in the edges of the family slope and came in.

But today would have to be the worst I have ever seen it - nasty weather out there. Much better this afternoon than this morning though.

Mamabear i take it you are in Niseko,???????now.

obviously you like it there, can you give me your opinions on the place,,i have not been there but to other Japanese resorts......is it like Kuta with snow,?? [drunk bogans with little respect for culture is what i heard]well thats why i havent been there to be honest.

I am indeed in Niseko right now.

Right in the heart of the Upper Village. Few doors down from the Irish Bar.

I am here with my kids - 17,16,12 and 10 year old boys. And a couple of other familys as well. We wouldn't be here if it were like Kuta with snow. Been to Kuta once - plan to never go back - I would rather choose Nusa Dua.

Last year we went to Zermatt Switzerland, and in the Aussie season we prefer Thredbo... But we keep coming back to Niseko.

Does that give you an idea of what Niseko might be like?

There will always be Yobbo's - there is in Thredbo, there is in Zermatt - I guess there probably is in Apsen or Whistler too.

Niseko is lovely.

Thanks MB...i didn't actually mean like Kuta just the types of loutish people....but yeah i ended up there by accident once same not going again.

But i have thoughts that Niseko is very busy, as opposed to say Myoko or Nozawa shall we say.I only saw a handful of westerners in Myoko in a month last feb , maybe i like it uncrowded.

MB, how come you chose the SP's them over Flow bindings, for example? I recently bought a pair of Flows and I can't speak highly of em. Step in and go. Also, with the sleeve thing that Flows have, I don't get cramped up feet anymore. Great to ride with, easy to attach, I just can't believe that I hadn't got a pair sooner

Been busy this last few days - especially as all the top lifts have been closed. But nothing like a regular day in Oz. And check out the pic's uploaded - often times you have the hill to you and one or two others.

Ive never tried the flow bindings, but I believe the SP Fastec offers a more customised fitting with toe and foot adjustments.

Also, the 'lift relax button' is great, just press a button and it relieves the pressure of the binding off your front foot while your riding the lift, but you are still strapped in

More important to me is that the boots fit the bindings well. Meaning if the boot and binding match up, no gadgets for customized fitting needed. But until you are on the snow you never know how it's gonna act.

Some people love Flow and some don't so it's a matter of personal preference. Having said that, still it's a well tested product - I personally don't like paying for something that is a new system, and/or with more moving parts. That has not been tested for a period of time.

My Drake is holding up well, and I like the material and parts of it.