Originally Posted By: gareth_oau
Ive never tried the flow bindings, but I believe the SP Fastec offers a more customised fitting with toe and foot adjustments.

Also, the 'lift relax button' is great, just press a button and it relieves the pressure of the binding off your front foot while your riding the lift, but you are still strapped in

to be fair, I don't feel any pressure using the Flows, the old strap system used to make my feet cramp up but there is almost zero of that with the Flows. That sleeve on the front really holds the foot in well, so there is little need for any adjustments. My first pair of bindings were SP's, I was happy with them
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also finding that the fact they are 'fitted' once means I am resisting the urge to over-tighten the ratchets (coz there are none!). Previously with my strap/ratchet K2 bindings I would over tighten them and cut off circulation to my feet.

2yrs ago I had major problems with cold feet here.

This year - no such problems!

With performance or with clipping in?

And it depends on your definition of steep! lol

I have definitely had to get used to methods of clipping in when you cant get a flat to stand and clip in. OK in powder because you can dig yourself a shelf with the heel edge most of the time pretty easily. Not so easy when it is icier. Was tough going clipping in the other day on the flat at the top of the Ace Quad - reasons being icy (all the fresh snow had been blown right off) and the gale force winds. But after a few goes and landing on my ass - we got it in the end.

Clipping in from your knee's is really not working for me at this stage...haven't successfully pulled that off yet.

I am starting to be able to clip in/out with a bit of movement on the board though - certainly not like in the video!

As for riding...

I have stacked it in powder, stacked it on the groomers, ridden places like Strawberries, and some black groomers - not a problem with the bindings - only once I got off a lift at Hanazono and realized that the lift release was open so I had next to no control of my front foot - but I think that might have been operator error.

Yeah, sorry, I meant clipping in on steep slopes. Years ago I remember hiking to the top of Niseko (Hirafu side) and had a bitch of a time clipping in when I got there. I've never used them since that trip actually!

3rd son (then 10yrs old) had tears all the time 2yrs ago for the same reason with his flows. On day one I was a bit concerned that was gonna be ME this trip - but once you get strategies you find a solution pretty quick.

you can just as easily clip in when kneeling down....you don't HAVE to be standing up like in the promos! smile Its still faster than clipping in the traditional way, kneel down and kick your foot down into the sleeve, lift up the back and your away

lol its well easy. when you kneel down, the board is standing on its edge with the opening of the binding gaping, kick your foot into it pull the lever then stand up. ganbatte MB thumbsup