• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a dump is the most apt description. You could say bucketing, as snow is colder version of rain (well not really, but non-skiers/sb's don't know that). Perhaps torrent of snow?

Puke doesn't sound right to me... We used to say the surf was puking years ago, and they really aren't related. Plus puking sounds like vomiting, which is a bad thing.

Originally Posted By: tripler
Is there another word from "dump" as in a big snowfall? I feel silly saying dump, especially to non-skiers/boarders. Heavy snowfall, blizzard, just doesn't quite convey the same idea. Something like "deluge" but for snow.

Can't see the problem with 'dump', myself. If non-snowfreaks don;t understand, that's THEIR problem, not ours! We understand only too well!
Originally Posted By: tripler
i don't mind "puking" but it has the same problem as dump, of being slang. Also while puking means the same thing as dumping, you can't say "Hakuba had a huge puke last night".

well "dump" has come to be slang for shitting, but it just means throwing away a lot of stuff at one time. As in the Town Dump.

"Puke" just means spewing right? don't think that has a legitimate meaning!

Its Dumping!!! biggrin or soon will be!

Puking sounds like technorama chuck-chunder, like spewing doesn't sound right to me.

Are we all right here ? This is the "haven't got anything to do" make conversation, sheer desperation ...

Go to sleep and dream about it state

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Hakuba got seriously jizzed on last night. It's jizzing like mad outside. It jizzed bucket loads yesterday... It has potential, don't you think?

Depends if the snow starts to jizz in your face?