Oh ok let me rephrase:

Hardly 'the number 1 roller coaster experience'.

Unless of course you are claiming that Alton Towers is the number 1 roller coaster experience in Staffordshire, England. In which case that might be true.

Originally Posted By: thursday
no, Alton Towers has no buildings around it like that. But we were stuck upside down for 30 mins while the monkeys tried to fix it.

Alton Towers remains the number 1 roller coaster experience.

How else can I explain that?

Looks great, I must go on that sometime. The best one I remember going on is one where you can go on it backwards or forwards. It is quite a weird feeling going backwards on a roller coaster, but really great!!! Also the loop to loop or what ever it is called is great to. You sit in a car, are pulled up to the top which is a straight vertical then they let it go and you go flying down to the bottom around a full loop and up the other side. Then it just goes shooting back down backwards through the loop to loop, brilliant fun!!

I went to alten towers years ago, was good, but not the best, but went there during guy forkes night, they have a brilliant fireworks and laser show, at least they used to, don't know about now though!!

I forget what it was called, the Dodonpa that you mentioned may have been it, I really don't remember. I imagine the rides have changed a lot since I last went!

Actually I think it was more than 8 years ago, come to think of it, was before I came to Japan for the first time, so must have been more than 10 years ogo, not 8!

Oh well maybe time for a roller coaster refresh, been a while since I have been on a really good one!

I think you'll be talking about Fujiyama there snowdude. It's the big-scale roller coaster at Fujikyu. Dodonpa is one of those that starts from a standstill then rushes you off. Eejanaika is a much more complicated one to describe but has only been there a year or two.