Did a couple of seasons myself in them. They're cheap, easy to slip on and off and have good grip on ice but I found if your out in the snow a fair bit then they don't stay that warm.

I'm researching (cant find much info) on a day trip to nearby Rankoshi-Cho Chisenupuri, is it worth it?. We have planned a couple of day trips to Mowia & Rusutsu.

I've read that Lake Toya is worth visiting on a day of from boarding, is it possiable to get there from Niseko using public transport?,

Also Kat skiing at Mt Weiss but that looks a little flat and not much terrain on offer.

thanks

Chisenupuri is a very small ski area itself but the lift does allow you to more easily climb right to the peak of the mountain to access some very nice backcountry runs. Usually there's quite a few people heading up to the peak from the lift so you probably don't need a guide but some avie gear would be advised.

Not sure about public transport to Toya, having a car I've never checked. It is a beautiful area with some nice onsens and there is a ropeway up Usuzan volcano where you can get nice views over the lake like the one below.

3345999055_f7ec5904d8_b.jpg

Thanks GN. I think that we will go to Chisenupuri with a tour operator so as we can hire the avie gear from them. I like the idea of having someone guide us around the place. I rather that than fumabling around our selves and maybe missing some semi secret little stashes that is only know by the locals.

Thanks again for the info. Your quickly becoming the Niseko version of Sandy (main island)when it comes to any Hokkaido infomation.

well...I think there is a higher number of people who do that (slip on the ice) than things to do in Niseko that doesn't involve skiing or boarding and drinking/eating.

Obviously things are improving in the 'value-added' area - Hanazono's newest additions will be eagerly greeted by our boys. But the reality is:

Wake - ski/board - lunch - ski/board - dinner - ski/board - put kids to bed/go drinking - sleep ----> repeat.