1 Pixelhost image hosting site - how to make an album?

Originally Posted By: SJForums
8MB surely covering most peoples needs. So I very much disagree that it is "pretty irrelevant".

Sorry SJ, "pretty irrelevant" was the wrong phrase. It is very useful not to have to compress photos before uploading. What I meant was it's a bit misleading because it sounds like the original 8MB photo can be hosted on here. But it's not at all important, as I said before - the main thing about this site is posts and info. Pics are an added bonus which are much appreciated, thanks. Keep up the great work! and I'll try not to whinge so much in future.
  • SnowJapan Admin

Is it really misleading? It sure isn't meant to be. I really doubt that many people are expecting images of 8MB in size to be posted on the site/forums.

Perhaps we need to add a discliamer on there to make it clearer. We try to avoid such things, but unfortunately more and more we seem to need to.

Quote:
• You can now upload your original photo 'as is', each up to 8MB in size - there is now no need to change the size and dimensions of photos before uploading them;

• The photos will automatically be resized and optimized;

maybe only misleading in the context of this thread. Because I said 1pixelhosts will host images up to 3MB, meaning it can host a 3MB image. Then someone piped up that JSF can do 8MB.

Imagine a car ad saying "this car will fit 10 passengers" but it turns out it only will if their arms and legs are cut off. You might be like, oh, well that's not such a great deal after all...

• SnowJapan Admin

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but in general.

The other thing about uploading to SnowJapan is that the photos that are uploaded get linked up to resorts/reviews within the site and basically get seen by lots of people interested in the resorts. It's good for lots of people researching resorts in Japan, it's good for people SnowJapan, it's good for the resorts and it's good for the site as well. The more there are of those the better, so if you do have photos that belong in a "snow" and "japan" photo section, please do consider uploading them to SJ - even if you also upload them somewhere else for your personal use.

Thanks. smile

Originally Posted By: tripler

m
Imagine a car ad saying "this car will fit 10 passengers" but it turns out it only will if their arms and legs are cut off. You might be like, oh, well that's not such a great deal after all...

haha!! we kind of had this when I was in Australia. we were looking to hire a couple of 4x4's that would be able to seat 12 of us, and this "company" advertised one that sad it fits 14. We phoned up about it, the woman said sure no probs, its a Land Cruiser Troop Carrier. Now me not being a driver, when I heard this I started thinking along miltary lines (not as big obviously), that this Land Cruiser must be massive...when we got there to pick it up, it was just a regular Land Cruiser with bench seats in the back. Yeah it could've fit 14 people if we had no bags, tents or gear of any kind and we were crushed up together like battery hens!! We had to take only a plastic bag with us, with 2 pairs of shorts 2 t-shirts and our hygeine stuff. That was for 10 days!! omg out in the bush....our clothes were RIPE by the end of that I can tell ya!! had to throw those clothes away!!
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: pie-eater
What is the purpose of that post?

I actually wrote
"Create album function now works on 1pixelhosts"
but part of it got cut off somehow. Seems to be problem with return key, not sure if it's my end or not. Has happened before. I wasn't just being a dick.