just moved to oz and desperatly need a cheaper airline to get me out and back to japan!!!!!!!!!!

hey.... as the subject says im looking for a cheap airline flying out of melbourne to narita. Can anyone point me in the right direction??!! im only coming up with crazy prices!!! HEEELLLPPPP MEEEEEE PPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!!

Go with JET* now. There flights are around $420 - $470 each way, plus some tax. I dont think you are going to find a much better deal unless the two for one deals come up again

Jet* do their discounts generally for flights a few months away, so yeah a few months ago booked my 2for1 December tickets to Tokyo for about $AU420 (my sister coming along too).

I'd just go with Jet* now, usually tickets just get more expensive closer to the date.

Quote:
hey.... as the subject says im looking for a cheap airline flying out of melbourne to narita. Can anyone point me in the right direction??!! im only coming up with crazy prices!!! HEEELLLPPPP MEEEEEE PPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!!

Usually about a hundred bucks cheaper to fly from the Gold Coast. 'Course, you'd probably spend more than a hundred getting from Melbourne to the Coast - just saying. Although I remember when Tiger Airways was doing deals to get you from Melbourne to the Coast for like 20 bucks.
Quote:
Jet* do their discounts generally for flights a few months away

Lachy,

Do you know much about this (that is, when Jet* discounts usually end)? I ask because I'm wondering when would be the latest I should wait to book a flight back from Japan to Oz.

I'm staring at a flight for 25k yen from Narita to Gold Coast thinking "Damn, that's cheap" and I'm wondering when is the latest I could leave booking it before it disappears - what do you think?

Cheers,
Wom.

If you think its cheap then BOOK it. Dont look back - if the price goes down after you will be grumpy

(.....but even if it does there is no guarentee you will get it at that price - I remember when Tiger were doing thier first big sale out of Perth, tickets to Melbourne for $20 and people were ticked off when they missed out coz there were only 10 or something and they had to pay $ 60!!..)

I flew Jetstar for the first time this week - it was quite alright. However the flight was delayed...and the Jetstar lassie came on the speaker and said "Yeah, sorry everyone but we are going too be delayed taking off due to being short one flight attendant. Not sure how long but it is due to the flight attendant sleeping in, so yeah,, we will all get underway for our vacations when she decides to get here!" - I cracked up laughing, and said to Papa "How unprofessional" - he asks "What sleeping in?" .... uummmm NO! Sh!t happens - but announcing it to all the holiday makers that they have to wait around in a freezing cold airport in boardies and flip flops because the trolley dolley forgot to set her alarm - WTF.

Decent flight though. Exit row seats... gotta be happy with that.

haha.... well im gunna check jet* everyday for a cheapy other wise im gunna have to bite the bullet an pay the $1000 that im finding. thanks for the info tho ladies and gentleman!

gazza.

Quote:
If you think its cheap then BOOK it. Dont look back - if the price goes down after you will be grumpy

M'eh. I'm not the type to get grumpy if the prices go up or down, I was just wondering what their discount window is like.

I hate setting plans in stone anyway.
I only booked ahead about two weeks ago for Niseko because of what I read on here (good thing I did too, I got the last place for a couple of nights and as it is have to do some begging come New Years night).

If I'm enjoying myself, I'll probably stay another couple of weeks and would've had to cancel it anyway.