Saw Mt. Fuji for the first time today and it looks as if there is quite a bit of snow. I am going to try and hit it next week from the Gotanda trail. That's where there seems to be the most snow. Anybody hit it so far this year? Last year I didn't get up there til the first week and June and they was quite a bit less snow. Really looking forward to it. May need a couple of turns up at Arai on this upcoming Monday though to loosen up.

Gonna be in the States over the summer so I`ll probably pick one up then. My buddy just got next years Signature sent to him by Option, his board broke so they sent him next years. Jealous ain`t the word.

Are you gonna be around next year?

I used to love braking my skis. Why? cause you always got next years for free.

A Guy I new used to ride a burton custom big 172.

I hope I got the name right. Dude rode fast. He broke or cracked the board every year. And every year they sent him a new one. I wittnessed 3 new boards. I think it ran on for 5 years or so. I moved away.

Snapper - yeah man, I saw the new Option line in a catalog in Jimbocho a couple weeks ago. The line looks really smokin! They need to update their freakin web page though! But yeah, that Sig is hot. I gotta get a hold of my buddy over there and see what I can do to get my hands on one.

I don't know where I'll be next season yet man, but I will definitely get at least a taste of the Japanese snow at some time.

Where are you gona be in the states?

My mate had the opposate experience with Burton (new zealand). He snapped his fl project in a pretty ordanary crash and got nothing but "yeah we had to sacrifice some strength to make it lighter - thats the decision you made when you got this board."

I dont think he will get a burton board ever again.

Went to Fuji from Fujinomiya trail last Sunday. It was mostly clear from 5th station up and contrary to many reports, we skied down to the 5th station parking lot, although there were some traverse with skis on back involved. Much better than the last year, the same time (snow only till 7th station). Had two drop outs, but rest made it to the top. I sigheted about 5 other parites hiking up that day. I will see if I can do a write up in the next few days.

O11,

It was out of the cloud deck at 4th station on Fujinomiya side, I could not see other sides, but it stayed like that all day. We could see Izu hanntou(portion of)while climbing. I can't imagine Yoshida side has different cloud deck height.

URGENT:

Sorry about the multiple posting but I am real keen:

I am looking for partner(s) to climb Fuji next weekend Mai 31 / June 1 weather permitting. Snowboard or "per pedes" is fine with me.

I had an e-mail conversation with TeleSkier two weeks ago to find out the details (Gotenba trail, bring your endurance..).

I am an experienced snowboarder/mountaneer(?) from switzerland on business in Japan for just 3 weeks.

Biggest problem: I couldn't bring my gear.

Anybody in for it, anybody having a solution for my missing equipment???