She's not even fit anymore, just a trollop.

Quote:
BRITNEY SPEARS has caused a flamin' stink Down Under.

Some Aussie fans and politicians were left unimpressed by her lip-synching, despite the fact she's mimed her way through the previous 84 dates of her Circus world tour.

Talk of walk-outs and refunds have been rife in the Aussie press making Britney's opening two shows in Perth a hot topic of discussion.

Even the country's leaders have waded into the debate.

The Fair Trade Minister for the state of New South Wales, VIRGINIA JUDGE, wants to introduce a law forcing music promoters to disclose whether a concert will be live or lip-synched.

She said Australians would not tolerate a "Mickey Mouse" performance.

However Britney's tour manager PAUL DAINTY has been incensed by the negative coverage.

In an interview with an Aussie newspaper, he hit back at claims the shows were "boring" and "lacklustre".

He said: "We can take heat if there's something wrong and people can review shows badly - that's something you have to live with - but to say people stormed out of the show was an absolute fabrication."

Danity also expressed his surprise at fans who did not know part of the show was lip-synched.

"It's been all over the internet for nine months," he said. "This show is about an incredible spectacle, which it is."

Britney is said to be "extremely upset" by the controversy but has been backed by her loyal following.

Her personal website was flooded with messages of support, describing her shows as "amazing" and "awesome".

Despite all the fuss, her remaining 12 concerts Down Under remain sold out. doh

It must be hard to sing well while doing a full-on dance act. That being said, I'm not sure Britney can sing well regardless, (and I'm not about to start listening to her to try and find out either). however Madonna can at least sing in tune, so if she's lip syncing some of her show I would say it would be more to do with it being too hard to dance/sing at the same time.

I think I remember seeing that vid of britney posted on an audio forum; in light of the lip synching stuff, I'm surmising she's not trying to sound good there, just stay in sync with the song.

Originally Posted By: sunrise
It must be hard to sing well while doing a full-on dance act.

Playing an instrument and singing at the same time can be much harder. Imagine if Hendrix pre-recorded all his guitar parts and then played air guitar because he couldn't do two things at once. It's not a children's talent show.

too right ger!

If they claim the big $$ for people to queue up for hours and pack in to see their show then they need to deliver something of value.

In recent weeks I have been to the Perth PINK concert, and The Black Eyed Pea's concert - my 16 yr old also went to the Beyonce concert. Awesome Awesome and Awesome.

If there was a little bit of lip syncing in there it was certainly not noticeable - fantastic shows.

We also recently went to The Moscow Circus - a performance of fabulous skills - a good show.

But we only paid $40 a head for absolute front row seats at the Moscow Circus (and even the $15 back row spots were pretty damn good seats). There is no way I would cough up $100+ to sit miles away from Britney and her 'Circus' Act...

The price needs to reflect the skill/spectacle etc!

God she sounds like me at a Karoke bar after WAY to much to drink thumbsdown

Am off to see Ronan Keating (let me just wipe up the dribble from my chin) in January - Can't wait!!

Saw Tom Jones Live and he was AWESOME no lip syncing there. A true performer.

Ger, many people play a musical instrument and sing at the same time, hell, I do that for a living! I do get your point though - of course some things become too complex to play (or sing) if doing both at the same time.

But trying to sing well while you're out of breath from dancing is another story! Britney and Madonna are all about visual entertainment for whoever might want to see them. They're not about highly skilled musical art.

Originally Posted By: snowhuntress

Am off to see Ronan Keating (let me just wipe up the dribble from my chin) in January - Can't wait!!

does he still do shows??!! I thought he dropped off the face of the earth! Isn't he knocking on a bit now? I guess Tom Jones is no spring chicken and still doing his thing.
Originally Posted By: snowhuntress

does he still get knickers thrown at him on stage? Better than beer bottles I'm sure.
Originally Posted By: sunrise
It must be hard to sing well while doing a full-on dance act.

Poor Britters.
We can't expect her to sing and dance. You'd think it was her job or something.
Bloody hate dancing anyway, it's stupid.