Troubled Mozzer. Or. He started something he didn't want to finish

Morrissey seems to be having a few problems of late. Shows being cancelled, collapsing on stage. The latest is this, in Liverpool. Some scouser apparently threw a plastic cup at him after about 5 minutes. He walked off never to come back.

Reminds me of the "sausage/coin/pen/something else incident" at the Preston Guild Hall in '85 (?) when he walked off during The Queen is Dead after someone threw a sausage/coin/pen/something else at him.

I wonder if they will get refunds?

He really is an arsehole these days Mozzer. That hardly looked like a major incident. Perhaps he saw it as an easy way out of the gig. I would have been well pissed.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't have been at a Mozzler gig, pub backing band and all.

That announcement was hardly apologetic was it!! Wonder if there were any fights.

Quote:
Two weeks after collapsing on stage with breathing difficulties, Morrissey was at the centre of controversy again last night when the former Smiths singer stormed off during a performance in Liverpool after a plastic beer glass was thrown.

Scuffles broke out among frustrated fans leaving the Liverpool Echo Arena after they were told that the notoriously temperamental star, pictured, could not carry on. Eyewitnesses said the singer narrowly avoided being hit during the second song of the night, but was splashed in the face.

The 50-year-old was taken to hospital last month after he fell to the floor during a performance at Oasis Leisure Centre in Swindon. He has cancelled several other dates this year, telling fans he had "endured a titanic struggle against an intolerable virus".

One concert-goer, Polly Wilson, 19, said: "Everyone just turned to each other in disbelief. At £35 to £45 a ticket, all we got was one song and a half."

I guess a lot of people got into The Smiths when they were young and impressionable and they still have sentimental value because they remind people of past days but if you strip away all that I think they just suck.

About thirty years ago, my dad's apprentice went to see The Rich Kids play the Newcastle Mayfair. Apparently the band came on and proclaimed "We're the Rich Kids! We're punks! You can throw anything at us!" About five seconds later a full plastic pint glass hit the singer full in the face. He was carried off with a broken nose. End of gig. From the line up, I guess it might have been Midge Ure.

The NME once printed a list of stuff thrown at Iggy when he opened for the Stones in Detroit, his home town. Apparently he got booed onto the stage and then great volleys of missiles rained down upon him. The list included a fake hand grenade and a bowling ball.

As for Mozza, he lost me when he started wrapping himself in the Union Jack.

Originally Posted By: thursday
yeah like everyone said, who would pay money and waste their time to go anyway? Scousers as it seems.

Lots of scousers at a gig in Liverpool might not be too surprising, thursday.........
Originally Posted By: big-will
The most exaggerated comment ever!

Morrissey was a Legend. He has been demoted.

He never ever had a number 1. He and the smiths were total crap. The word pop Is short for popular which is something he and the Smiths never were.
Originally Posted By: Weegeoff
Originally Posted By: big-will
The most exaggerated comment ever!

Morrissey was a Legend. He has been demoted.

He never ever had a number 1. He and the smiths were total crap. The word pop Is short for popular which is something he and the Smiths never were.

shifty

If you say so Weegeoff.

Not that getting a number 1 or not really matters or is any proof of "being popular" or not, but Meat Is Murder did actually get to No 1. The other 3 main albums got to No 2. I'm sure most of the singles got to number 1 or close to that on the indie charts.

The Smiths were one of the (if not the) most popular indie bands of the 80's and have a huge part in the history of British music of the 80's. They have and still do influence many artists.

Your comment is just silly really Weegeoff, probably just born out of hatred.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Not that getting a number 1 or not really matters or is any proof of "being popular" or not, but Meat Is Murder did actually get to No 1. The other 3 main albums got to No 2. I'm sure most of the singles got to number 1 or close to that on the indie charts.

The Smiths were one of the (if not the) most popular indie bands of the 80's and have a huge part in the history of British music of the 80's. They have and still do influence many artists.

Your comment is just silly really Weegeoff, probably just born out of hatred.

oooo..., a pop picker.