I was in the local Docomo shop this morning looking at a foma internet USB connecting dongley thingy. I can't think of the name but basically you stick it in your PC and away you go on the internet, connecting anywhere that a docomo phone is ok.

So, get down the the price.

16300 yen if I buy today.

But if I want until Thursday, on that day I will pay 12500 yen.

That's not all. Get this - included in the above cheaper price is a free netbook computer with Windows XP, 1GB memory, 160GB HDD and 10 inch screen.

Just looked online and it's about 40000 yen on kakaku.

I deciced to wait until Thursday!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I was wary about that but it's nothing too much. 2 years contract, which I'm fine with. As much as you want upper limit just under 6000 yen. 1000 yen a month if I don't use it.

I asked why the free computer and the lady just said that they want to encourage uptake of the data thingy and it's a short term offer just at that shop (all Niigata?) to get some publicity..

thumbsup

No, it isn't. Same 2 year period and same cost. It really is. I was there throwing questions at her - many the same re-worded - just to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding!

sounds great deal that. I actually noticed the docomo ads recently, seems they are pushing this pc/internet connection. Will surely be considerably better than Willcom too who must be depressed about it all.

Willcom were never going to be taken seriously due to its reliance on the PHS market. Give it a few years and they will either be out of business or piggy-backing on another network.