Does anyone know about these or have any information?

1. Can I used them at all resorts?

2. Are they transferable?

3. How are they timed? If I only ski for an hour, am I only clocked for an hour or is there a minimum time charge?

Originally Posted By: tripitaka
I think someone mentioned it on here, but I don't know in detail, so that's why I am asking. I think it is suitable for many people (if it exists).

it doesnt exist
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
previous years there was a 50hr pass for Niseko, but looks like they are not having it this year. Shame about that - was good value.

Not sure about the 50 hour pass up here yet. As usual Tokyu probably won't update their website until after the ski season actually starts...

There isn't this kind of pass in Hakuba, but I suggested a while back that it would be a good idea and that even locals (e.g., me) would buy one. Maybe that's where the confusion is coming from.

If people like it, I hope Niseko keep their 50-hour pass going. For resorts that have international visitors, I must say it is completely crap of Niseko and Hakuba not to plan and tell people what the prices are going to be well in advance. Shameful really. Good businesses don't take customers for granted.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
previous years there was a 50hr pass for Niseko, but looks like they are not having it this year. Shame about that - was good value.

Not sure about the 50 hour pass up here yet. As usual Tokyu probably won't update their website until after the ski season actually starts...

Actually GN - Tokyu do have their prices up for 2009-2010, it's the Niseko United that dont have the prices up.

Amazing! clap

They don't seem to have updated the Japanese site yet though...

Anyway looks like they've got a 50 hour Grand Hirafu pass available but only valid after 8 Mar wakaranai

Originally Posted By: iiyamadude
BTW, how exactly do those work? How do they calculate the time? What happens when you go to lunch etc? Mind-block here...

Say you go through your first gate at 9am, do your stuff, keep going through gates to get up top, repeat until legs die as you pass through your last gate for the day, at 12.59pm. Then that is a 4 hour deduction.

If you pass through your first gate at 9am and die on the mountain and only found the next thaw, then you have made full use and more of your ticket.
Originally Posted By: thursday
Originally Posted By: Go Native
... but only valid after 8 Mar wakaranai

Bugger!

No it's not. 31K from beginning, 21K from March 8.

banner
woo hoo!
Originally Posted By: iiyamadude
BTW, how exactly do those work? How do they calculate the time? What happens when you go to lunch etc? Mind-block here...

Basically, once you pass through the gates one hour is deducted (you can pass through the gates as many times as you want in one hour). When your hour is over and you pass through the gates again another hour is deducted. If you board for 59mins stop for lunch on the hill and then board down the hill an hour later (2 hours on the hill) you'll only be charged for 1 hour because you haven't been through a gate in all that time. Its of great system for those of us who go backcountry. If you pay attention to how you are using the card you'll get more than your moneys worth.
  • 1 month later...

Just searched for this thread because I couldn't remember how it worked in the above situation BM - and there is your answer for me right there - thank you!

Now that all of my Christmas Parties are out of the way I am [belatedly] getting all the last bits of our Japan holiday organized. I will get a 21/24 day pass for my 2 youngest kids because that is the cheapest option for them with the kids ski free after a week system! woo hoo!

But for the older two boys and Papa and I - I think we will go for the 50 hr All mountain and 30 hr Grand Hirafu in combination of use.

My concern was if I went out for first tracks - had a run or two ... then spent the rest of the day lazing around, having lunch, onsen blah de blah - and then went out again for an hour or two of nighta - would I be charged for like 12 hours or something. But it seems not so therefore I am a happy camper smile