Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Would be nice if they start discounting prices after 11 AM and then at 12 ...

they sell half day passes. that finish at 1pm or start at 12pm
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: tripler
all I'm saying is at happo, the hill I know best, warnings about going out of bounds are ambiguous and conflicting. I admit I don't know the details of when people got tickets pulled but I know it has happened a few times. That said, I always ski the "wrong" side of the rope and never had any problems. My advice is if you get apprehended, play the dumb gaijin and pretend you thought YOUR side of the rope was the RIGHT side and the OTHER side was out of bounds. Failing that, suddenly spot a 1000 yen note on the ground and say "You saw it first - it's yours". That's like a week's pay to them so should smooth things over ok.

i guess you wont need to act too much
Quote:
Failing that, suddenly spot a 1000 yen note on the ground and say "You saw it first - it's yours". That's like a week's pay to them so should smooth things over ok.

rollabout howabout throwing up your breakfast and say "I know you're hungry, you can have it"
Originally Posted By: stemik
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Its like using your mates season ticket to the football back home when he can't/isn't going.....I don't see the problem with it

yes - you could look at it that way.....or you could say, hey I am not using my passport this week, why dont you use it?

hardly the same. Its not like having a pasport gives you a free ride on the plane
Its like using your mates season ticket to the football back home when he can't/isn't going.....I don't see the problem with it

yes - you could look at it that way.....or you could say, hey I am not using my passport this week, why dont you use it?

hardly the same. Its not like having a pasport gives you a free ride on the plane

hardly the same as football ticket, I've never seen a game of football on top of a mountain

hardly the same as football ticket, I've never seen a game of football on top of a mountain

why is it not? the position of the thing has nothing to do with it. You buy a lift pass to travel up the mountain so that you can ski down it, you buy a football ticket to enter the stadium to see a game. If you buy a season pass for both things then you can ride the mountain and watch the games for the whole season......so its already paid for.

A passport only allows you the ability to leave and enter countries, doesn't actually provide you a free pass to...you still have to buy a ticket. So has no relationship to this thread rolleyes

I might be wrong ... but I think that allowing a mate to use your football membership is a bit different to sharing a season ski pass with a mate.

We have been Western Force members since day dot. Our seats are our seats - we have those seats and if our butts are not in them then they are not sold to anyone else - they are not general admission seats. If those seats are empty (multiplied by however many other members don't/can't make it that game)then the atmosphere is not as exciting. The Force want people in those seats. I have surveyed the membership information and it forbids selling the passes, but does not say they are not transferable. It adds to the excitement to have a full house.

On the other hand ... if two mates who rarely go up to the mountains together buy one season pass and share it's use - they are breaking the rules, and doing the ski resort management out of half the cash they would otherwise bring in.

I am doing Ice Skating lessons with my 10yr old, and we have cards that provide us with free entry to the skate rink every Sunday for our lesson, but also 5 free public sessions through this term - they clip the numbers one thru five when we go. It is a 45 minute drive to get there so we may well not use all 5 sessions - as just getting there on a Sunday is a push. The card/entries are NOT TRANSFERABLE - it says so on the card (but there is not photo). There is no way I would lend my card to my friend who lives around the corner from the rink to use. Not because she wouldn't get away with it - she probably would. But it is dishonest and not right.

But each to his own.

no, the season tickets in Football (in Scotland anyway) are also marked non-transferable.

I don't see that they are doing them out of half the cash as there is still only 1 person riding the lift, its not like there is a 2nd person who hasn't paid. That 1 person is still buying stuff on that day on the mountain

this arguement has been done to death, I don't see anythinng wrong with it. If I had the opportunity to save a buck or 2 by doing this then you bet your ass I'd do it

FFS, when you buy a pass, you enter into an agreement on their terms. You pay up and they give you the pass, it's a contract and the terms are binding. If you choose to give your pass to another person to use, then you have breached the terms on the contract to which you had prmised to abide by.

You should go to jail, along with your mate riding your ticket, and you should both have your asses raped. Together, in public. And videoed for perve distribution. In Scotland. And anywhere else they like Scots.