• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheaper video cameras have one ccd (light sensor thing that turns the light into information) the image is originaly in b & w then colors are added by the camera by guessing based on the grey scale. 3ccd cameras have a prysm splitting the light into blues reds and yellows and have a ccd for each color resulting in accurate color reproduction.

These cameras are sometimes refered to as prosumer cameras cos they are kind of crossed between a professional camera and a regular consumer one. Panasonic just come out with one for 1000 USD a better one for 1500USD. Sony have one for about 1600 and cannon have one for about 2000.

Solidpowder.com while looking for footrage for their movie said that they will accept non 3ccd footage as long as the weather is perfict when it was shot - otherwise use a 3ccd camera.

My desire for one of these cameras is related to my obsession with getting the best stuff ie boderline professional while still paying regular consumer type prices - c.f my obsession with car and home audio.

Thanks for that,Jared.Yeah I`d like to get my hands on a camera too instead of using Fats all the time.

So you think those Pistols are solid on the gelande as well as for POW. I was thinking about them or Rockets for next year.

I ski on 177 1080's. For my old mountain they were great all mountain skis. But skiing at Whistler now I wish I had purchased a much bigger ski like AK ememy or Launcher or the B3. Has anybody seen the Big Stix. Freakin Huge.

Oh yah I also have 180 Atomic Powder Plus. They are like water skis

And 198 Viper X mounted with 25 year old Emery Touring bindings.

Its a hard choice OU think hard on it. what type of ski do you like. Dont go too big if you want them as a park ski too. I still like the LBFs for their all around capabilities, but I own a pair and of course I will say that. YOu need to find a ski that fits your style, heavy skis, stiff skis, torsionally stiff skis, snappy skis, light skis, skis that you have to tip over to turn or skis that suck you into the turn.

New guy The Ak ememies might be a bit much for some parts of Japan. Find out where your going before you buy. PS clothes are so cheap here.

Nice video clips going. That park is worse than the Kogen park in Niseko - didnt think there was anything worse than that except for maybe the Hiroshima area. But, still nice to see some skiers hucking their shit!

Earlier in the forum there was some talk about K2 being a bad ski. Why? Ive heard some of my mates talk that the k2 enemy I have is just too weak. Got any comments?

What 188ish skies do you have? What do you like about it? Help for the upcomin season would be great.

Read a little further back in the post Yuki about the K2s. Size depends on alot of things Im short 5'7 so 179cm is enough ski for me at the moment. If I lived in Fernie I would go with a rock star size.

K2 has a new ski coming out as well which I think is even fatter than the Seth Pistols.

Its called the Maiden with graphics after you guessed it Iron Maiden.

There was also the Jerry Launcher a few years back with unique graphics as well. Only ever seen one pair though.

While I'm talking about graphics has anybody seen Volkl Explosive. Kool Magician graphics and supposed to be fairly stiff for a fat ski.

The Volkls can be stiff and hard to turn when not in the pow. My buddy had the mid fat twin. Turning that thing on hard pack took power and technique. You cant force that ski around. Rock star size eh. You looking at straight lining now OU.