Hiroshima + Nagasaki for the Olympics?

Let's talk Olympics here.

Tokyo will drop out as Hiroshima and Nagasaki have entered. All the others like Minneapolis, Rome, Dubai, Cape Town, Delhi can go suck on some shit sewer.

I hate the Olympics, (depending on the weather), so I don't give a shit.

Originally Posted By: RobBright

So how comes they have allowed Portugal and Spain, as well as Belgium and the Netherlands, to bid together for the 2018 and 2022 world cups?

they changed their rules again??

I just hope Australia get one of them.

They never changed their rules in the first place - all they said was that a "joint bid would lose favour compared to a single bid".

Anyway back to the olympics - can't see why a twin bid like this should not be allowed, considering Japan's excellent transport links in the area. Also got a new baseball stadium in the Hiroshima Carp area.

'Initially, the two Asian countries were competitors in the bidding process, but at the last minute before the vote, they agreed with FIFA to co-host the event. However, the competitive nature of the two host nations (partly due to a historical rivalry) led to problems in organization and logistics. After the tournament, FIFA has repeatedly said co-hosting will likely not happen again, and in 2004, FIFA stated that its statutes do not allow bids that involve co-hosting.'

Korea was considered 'cos a CEO of a big Korean conglomerate was also on some FIFA committee on Aisan football. The first World Cup in Asia was co-hosted giving the world the impression that one single Asian country would not be able to handle it. What a sham.

I think Korea and Japan was a bad idea.

Hiroshima + Nagasaki sounds better. I can't believe they've thought about it enough to announce intentions without thinking they have some sort of change.