I am running about 2kms a night (used to be running/walking about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but I'm definitely improving and it's mostly running now) and hitting the gym machines 2-3 times a week for 30-40mins on top of that. Hitting up a protein shake after each gym session.

Should probably get into some squats and lunges as I hear they're great for snowsports. Last time I went to the snow for a week my legs were just devastated, had to take a break every 20 mins or so on the slopes. I definitely don't want that happening again.

Well... Even when I was younger and fitter, If I had done a 5km Downhill run on skis my legs would shake a had to rest (on the lifts)

Europe is great ! really long runs. Still having a 10 min rest and here and there for rest and snacks gets necessary.

The total distance we do and each run is way more longer than in Japan. Maybe 5 km max is what you can get for each run in someplaces in Japan provided you don't get stopped.

Niseko Annupri is good for that despite it's a bit flat.

Originally Posted By: seemore
Wii Fit.

Altough it doesn't seem to be working.
Will most probably have to resort to Bike riding, Skating and surfing and the occasional trampoline session.

Seemore

trampolines and mini-tramps are good for your knees- is that right?
i know my old housemate was recovering for a knee op and she would do lots of mini-tramp exercises to strengthen the twitch muscles.
i should do that. i'm paranoid about knees blowing out
Originally Posted By: spook

trampolines and mini-tramps are good for your knees- is that right?
i know my old housemate was recovering for a knee op and she would do lots of mini-tramp exercises to strengthen the twitch muscles i should do that. i'm paranoid about knees blowing out

Really?
I didnt know that. I always ignore our trampoline when I am trying to get a workout in ... mostly because I saw it as a kids toy... Might have to revisit it.

same as rope skipping - you have to cushion your landings when you rope skip but with trampolines it does it for you. It gives you rhythm , too. And the weighing and un-weighing feel. Good for kickers.

Ma'bear you got all the toys ! smile

......decades of collecting I suppose.

The Tramp was a gift to my 4 boys for Christmas by my parents 7 yrs ago when the baby (10 yrs old today) was just 3 and a bit.

He has broken his arm on it (or should I say OFF it) three times since then. But it has spend probably the best part of a year on it's side in the garden bed so the lawn can grow properly. Time to get it out methinks!

Ours has no net.

One of the old style rectangle ones, but good quality woven mat - I think it was a Jet Jol.

Only one issue after 7 yrs - a little burn hole in the mat from a drunken party guest thinking it was a good idea to put their ciggie out on it. And that happened last year.

doh.

if you have a mini-tramp(i dunno about proper exercises for big ones) i did these reps over summer:

50 straight up and down little bouncing jumps

25 mini bounces but twisting to one side as you jump then landing straight

25 of the same as above but twist in other direction

50 mini-bouncy jumps on one leg

50 mini-bouncy jumps on the other leg

30 straight up and down bouncy jumps to wind down

how awesome is my technical description of this routine? i should get into personal training....

anyway, it's fun and also a decent little cardio workout. i consider myself pretty fit and i would feel like i'd done s reasonable amount of exercise after doing all the jumping listed above. takes about 15-20 minutes or so

Yeah it is a great work out.

We have had 3 and I have always dug them in the ground.

It is a really good full body work out.

And great for pelvic floors.

A lot of women have issues after child birth but tramp work does wonders.

Spook I think you need diagrams with your descriptions and you would be very good.

Seemore

Well I got food poisoning the other night and seemed to lose half my body weight in fluids out of a couple of orifices so that's been a great start to losing some weight ahead of this season! clap

Funny thing is, I was looking into doing a detox or something to help shed a few pounds... it sounds like food poisoning does exactly the same thing... a lot of fluid loss, starvation of muscles-building proteins... I think I'll stick to doing exercise.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Well I got food poisoning the other night and seemed to lose half my body weight in fluids out of a couple of orifices so that's been a great start to losing some weight ahead of this season! clap

you eat kaki? Gawd, there is nothing worse than puking and crapping your guts out sadface

weights 2-3 days/week (usually a mixture of squats, bench, lat, row, biceps/triceps, situps, and a few others)

run 10K 1x/week

xcountry ski machine 2-3x/week for an hour

mtn bike 1-2x/week and average 40K/ride

on the days I cant be buggered going to the gym I do workouts from crossfit.com which usually make me want to puke after 10 minutes. Those are killer workouts.

Wanna be strong when touring this xmas/nys hols up around Tokachi and Furano.