Worst city...in the world??

I'm not intending to start a slagging match but I've been to some real shitholes and they need mentioning too. So don't take it as a personal insult if I don't like your city.

1-Johannesburg

2-Surabaya (Indonesia)

3-London

Cairo - dusty, putrid, rip off merchants everywhere, stodgy food, traffic mayhem, aggressive stallholders, chauvenistic, corrupt tourist police, you will get sick no matter how careful you are,mega crowds at every antiquity,disgusting toilets, filthy overnight trains etc,etc,

But, you have to go there - the history is amazing.

Rostov-on-Don

it's a city in Russia, the flight there scared the living daylights out of me, the hotel was an old soviet run place, the food was utterly crap, it was freezing...no wonder all the residents drunk neat vodka!

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Takasaki
Bangkok
Liverpool
Calais

But love Liverpool.

I demand that you delete Liverpool from this thread!
It does not belong here!
grandpa

Manchester- before they cleaned it up for the Olympic bid

Paris- if you don't know your way around

Jakarta- just scary

Johanesburg- why even bother

Munchen- full of very serious official people and aussie bogans

Dubai- too religious

Seemore

Originally Posted By: scouser
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Takasaki
Bangkok
Liverpool
Calais

But love Liverpool.

I demand that you delete Liverpool from this thread!
It does not belong here!
grandpa

Lived their for 3years at university in Wavertree - an utter shit hole.

Well, it's a well-trod path isn't it. And Wavertree is hardly the most romantic of places. lol

I love Liverpool, even when chunks were crappy and well run down. It's a special and complicated place.

If you haven't been in over 10+ years, you would notice huge changes.

Originally Posted By: thursday
dunno about that. I've heard loads.

Quote:

They've moved on from nicking hub caps to knicking whole wheels.

they've all shaved off the moustaches

Where ever you are - shit neighbours makes the worst.

or living at a place right off the free way, especially at an intersection.

A room next to a toilet which is shared by all ...

Originally Posted By: scouser
Well, it's a well-trod path isn't it. And Wavertree is hardly the most romantic of places. lol

I love Liverpool, even when chunks were crappy and well run down. It's a special and complicated place.

Also lived in Aigburth/Moseley Hill area too. Last went back there in '06 and yes, some regeneration had occured in pockets of the city. But overall, still a hole of a city. Yet still love it though and holds a special place in my heart.

And you try being a Southerner in Liverpool for three years. The amount of abuse I got from scousers was phenomenal but stuck it out even as so far as to bravely dye my hair with a Freddie Ljungberg red stripe for the FA cup final and watched the game in the middle of the brookhouse in Wavertree then go out to Queens square with my scouse mates who stuck up for me that night.

Still a shit hole mind.
And they wear trackies now,not shellsuits.

Manchester / Birmingham! But was maybe 15 years ago since I was last there so just maybe they are a little better now?

Benidorm : or how ever it is spelt (spain) full of tourists, growded, no culture, boring! At least it was when I went many, many moons ago, don't know what it is like now!

I will consider myself told then Rob. worship

Shouldnt take the bait really should I? wink

Never really got Birmingham the few times I went. It felt more than a bit foreign.

Na you weren't "told" as everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm from London, born and lived there most of my life before coming to Japan,yet Mantas hates it. That's his/her opinion which welcome to share.

And yes. I don't get Birmingham neither. So bad that neither the North or South wanted it so gave it a new name - the midlands.