From Narita to the slopes - The 'how long it takes' quiz

Narita to Haneda: Its a long journey on a bus after you've done a long international flight in cattle class and your ass is sore.

I would highly recommend if you are transferring from an International flight into Narita to a Domestic Flight out of Haneda - take at least a day in Tokyo. There is much to see, rest to be had, and numb butt's to be regaining thier blood flow wink

I <3 Tokyo

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
It can be under an hour but very rarely is. Correct me if I am way off there.
Every time I take it, it's just over an hour.

For Yuzawa there's 1 train a day that does it in I think 67 minutes or something and it is by far the quickest. Most others are reaslistically 77 minutes or more. It's just annoying marketing smoke and mirrors that companies latch onto that. I have little respect for companies that do that and do what I can to use/go elsewhere, places that are more 'sincere' for want of a better word.

There are a number of express trains. As I said earlier there is not one time that can be placed on the journey. No smoke and mirrors here. We tell everyone to check their times on hyperdia and they can choose the best route themselves. I hope that makes us 'sincere'. razz
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Narita to Haneda: Its a long journey on a bus after you've done a long international flight in cattle class and your ass is sore.

Having done the journey at least 20 times in the last 5 years, the bus from Narita Airport is:
a - easier to get to as you simply walk out ofthe arrivals hall.
b - less strenuous on the body compared to arriving at Tokyo fully laden then having to navigate numerous flights of stairs
c - cheaper as well compared to the Naritaexpress
d - NEVER ever been stuck in traffic.

Am sure Tubby beaver can back me up here.

And this is also in reply to Tien as well. Never had any nightmares as you said.

Ohhh...not disputing that the bus is easier than the shink RobB. We take the bus. But it is my worst night mare to get off an international flight, jump straight on a big long bus ride, then a plane again, then another big long bus ride.

My preference is to take the limo bus to a hotel and have a shower and a lie down, then go shopping - head to the domestic airport a day or so later wink

Originally Posted By: TJ OZ
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
It can be under an hour but very rarely is. Correct me if I am way off there.
Every time I take it, it's just over an hour.

For Yuzawa there's 1 train a day that does it in I think 67 minutes or something and it is by far the quickest. Most others are reaslistically 77 minutes or more. It's just annoying marketing smoke and mirrors that companies latch onto that. I have little respect for companies that do that and do what I can to use/go elsewhere, places that are more 'sincere' for want of a better word.

There are a number of express trains. As I said earlier there is not one time that can be placed on the journey. No smoke and mirrors here. We tell everyone to check their times on hyperdia and they can choose the best route themselves. I hope that makes us 'sincere'. razz

I wasn't meaning you, TJ OZ.
confused

furano [my way]

narita to haneda - 1 hour

stop over at haneda excel hotel - 10 hours

haneda to asahikawa - 2 hours

stop over 2 days asahikawa terminal hotel - 48 hours [ ski / board kamui / asahidake ]

asahikawa to furano - 1 and a half hours

total = 62.5 hours

furano [bogan express way]

narita to chitose - 2 hours , drop a tab of crystal meth in flight and wash it down with a good pull on the duty free bundy . on the bus from chitose you hoot and holler like "lightin hopkins" all the way to furano - 3.5 hours

get out at furano jr station , find out its the wrong stop , SHOULD HAVE BEEN HIRAFU .

TOTAL = ?

• SnowJapan Admin

I'm sorry but we've had enough of those kinds of posts in the last few days.

If you want to ott bad-mouth a place and do it persistently - whether it's what you actually think or meant to mislead others - please do it somewhere else. Not here.

Thanks.

Furano is a very nice little place.

I would warn people though, there are 2 ways to get there from Chitose - bus and train. Make sure you plan your times well. The last bus leaves at 5.30 from Chitose and if you miss it, you can only get the train. This means over 3 hours on the train. You have to make the connecting train at Takikawa, which is a little station in the middle of nowhere (its cold and windy, wear warm gear), with no elevator, so if you have heavy luggage then you have to get it up and down the stairs (different platforms). The train you take from Takikawa to Furano is a little single carriage engine diesel loco, which sort of ambles its way along.

The bus is a better option, as you don't have to make any connections, but it is still a 3 hour ride. Be careful with your flight times, as when we were getting back to Chitose, a blizzard came through which forced the snow plow trucks/pace cars out. Because of this, we ended up getting to Chitose as our plane was leaving. JAL were fantastic and just stuck us on the next flight, no extra charge, but if you have a panicky wife/mum/sister, make sure you plan well.

Oh yeh, there's a place in Chitose airport that does a really good pumpkin soup.