You may have noticed that the entire Beatles catalogue has been remastered and is going on sale today. Hype all over the place, I can't escape it - even on one of my favourite music websites. It's getting annoying.

See, I like some of the Beatles songs. I like lots of songs by lots of different artists. But I missed the "they mean so much to me" bit. So they don't. Music is really important to me and certain artists especially so, so I get that people can be really into them.

What I don't get quite as much is - haven't all the fans already got the CD's? Yes, I know they are remastered and all, but surely it's not going to make THAT much of a difference. And then there's the 'controversy' of the Beatles not being on itunes. It's not as if there's a drought of Beatles. Are the mophead-maddies going to go out there and buy the catalogue all over again when it comes out on itunes?

confused

PS Mono version more expensive than stereo version. Funky!

Apple company (record label) tried to sue Apple (computer company) for breach when the Ipod came out. Studied it breifly, now forgotten much of the details.

Apple computer were allowed to borrow the Apple company name provided they did not sell music.... etc...

Apple Computer won in the end and you can say there's bad blood.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't say I'm a Beatles maniac, but I do love their music, having grown up with it... I am happy to hear that the entire discography is remastered in stereo, as when I'm listening to them at work and I only have 1 headphone in, I miss half the instruments/singing depending which ear its in..

I think the last few comments are about Yoko Onos attempts at music Sciclone, not your comments. wink

About the mono and stereo, don't purists say the mono is better and more as intended? I thought I read that the stereo mixes make things a bit weird on some of the recordings..