• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is sacrilegious to taint the breakfast thread with talk of lunch - but I am going to anyway!

Why is it that meat cooked on an outdoor BBQ, in the fresh air, and consumed at picnic tables is always better than you will find in the finest restaurants?

We had steak sandwiches (well *I* just had steak) for lunch at the ski park - they were YUM.

I just hope you didn't ruin it by cooking beyond medium rare! razz

I prefer it done blue myself. Just introduce to the heat for a couple of minutes on each side to seal in all the goodness and then enjoy thumbsup

Steak is good fullstop. I think we all agree smile

I like my Wagyu rare as well GN. Some bits ended up a bit more than I like just due to the nature of how the meal was brought out - but they were still good...just not as good as the bits I whipped off the plate quick.

In hindsight I should have ordered the Wagyu Grade 9 - thin strips of very fatty Wagyu that come on a tray and you cook piece by piece. My 16yr old ordered that - he was in beef heaven.

Biggest steak I've ever eaten was a 800g monster. It was HUGE, a ate of mines ate a 1kg steak, never seen anything like it, he got it rare but it was so thick that in the middle it was cold and simply raw.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
I had a great bit of wagyu steak on a teppan-style volcanic rock on Friday night, but this Scotch Fillet done on the BBQ was just melt in your mouth, tasty awesomeness - maybe I am just a good cook wink

Aberdeen angus?

It's not difficult to cook steak if you are paying attention.
As soon as the sizzling stops, flip it over. Any more than 15 seconds both sides on a hot grill is overcooked