I was just watching The Front Line. Ski Movie 3 by MSP as I was bored and drinking by myself, now drunk. I wasn't to impressed with it though. It had very good skiing but not as good as Ski Movie 2 High Society.

Has anybody seen any movies that rival Ski Movie 2

Don't know if it would rival either of the ski movies, but you can download one free from solid powder if you've got nothing to do. also, free radicals was floating around on kazaa, as were parts of ski movie 1. i'm a fan of area 51 cos i think too much alaska gets boring after a while.

Best Ski Movie Ever - would have to be Hot Dog the Movie. By far the best ever made. Great plot, the best actresses (Shannon Tweed), nidity, and great skiing at Squaw Valley. Can't be beat.

A lot of the footage from Ski movie 3 was taking in Canada. Its going to be hard to push the limit any further right now though. Those guys in the big mountain are ripping it but you can only drop so far.

The jumpers evloved so fast that it is slowing down a bit. A lot of talk about style these days.

Hot Dog was a joke but fun. Anything with Scott Schmit in it used to blow my mind.

not sure if Kamoshika is joking but Warren Miller is the worst producer out there. His old movies where all right but lately they have gone to crap.

Most of the material in them is seconds bought from companies like MSP and TGR.

yeah but there are those ultra cool, super-extreme chair lift dismount scenes.

rap film production which is now defunct had some of the first stuff out of canada during the schmidt and plake era. it was pretty well put together at the time and had some killa scores.

Quote:
Best Ski Movie Ever - would have to be Hot Dog the Movie.
Definately agree there; the scene where he plays the acoustic guitar to woo the girl? Priceless.

I`ve only seen MSP productions>Sick Sense,SM2 and 3.But from reading reviews poor boys productions etc only have new school footage and not much big mountain stuff. I think its` good to see both.But they can bar the snowmobiling>does nothing for me. Reckon Seths part in SM2 is better than in 3

I like the snowmobile parts although I want to get a snowmobile someday though so that may be why. SM3 was not nearly as good as the first two. Not sure why.

I did however dislike Brad Homlmes section in Ski MOvie. He is not a good rapper. Actually it is very embarrasing watching that part and if I am watching with friends who not ski I always fast forward through that part.

Shane McKonkey does a good spoof of Brad Holmes's rap in his own movie which is also pretty good and comical

Unless you are a pretty good mechanic yourself, jared, I'd think twice about getting one. Cheap, oldies could be a minefield of small and frequent malfunctions which could cost a fortune to maintain. If you could get one with a warranty or some maintenance agreement thrown in, though, it could be worth looking into.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Just orderd Ski Movie 3 from amazon.co.jp - cheaper than anywhere I'v seen or heard of and approx 1/2 the price that I seen it for in the shop in Tokyo.

can anyone tell me what this says

発送可能時期:通常10~11日以内に発送します。

Its my wild guess that it says "we'll ship it in 10-11 days" but it could just as easaly be "if you order this well come to your house and beat you scencless for 10-11 days depending on how we feel"

when I try and track my order the time estimate is 03/9 - 03/11 which sounds alot like "late this year"

I hope it gets here soon as my crappy video just munched my tapoe with "ski movie 2","further" and "unparalled" on it.

Hey, bear-back-rider, can I say it? I guess I can but I don't know whether it will have the right intonation or whether I will be understood.

I remember going into a lift in Japan once and once everyone was in, I was positioned at the back and away from the buttons. So I said, sixth floor please (roku kai, onegai shimasu) at which point the gentleman nearest the buttons pressed 6 but everyone else, who at the time were facing the doors and with their backs to me, turned round and gave me a glance. So I knew what I had said was understandable but obviously with the wrong accent or something!

As for your second question, yeah, I do speak to the geese in Hong Kong! Usually in Cantonese, sometimes in English or Mandarin, but often in Chinglish.

try rokkai onegaishimas and you might not get the looks. I think most people usually say kudasai though. Anyone? Anyone? (At my work employees arent allowed to take the elevator, we must use the stairs. Good thing there are only 5 floors!)