• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I often finish work and head up for a bit of nighta before heading home.

Last season I did enjoy heading down Roy's at night, very few others were doing it and even if there hadn't been that much snow throughout the day I almost always found some fresh turns. And if you don't know where that is, sorry I aint telling you! razz

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
I used to do that. Get home from work, had something to eat, then off to some nighta. Or eat late after the nighta.

used to Muika? why not anymore.....job constraints or poor snow conditions?

Good question!

Hmmm. Well of late there's less choice with nighta. Near where I am we have Joetsu Kokusai and a bit further there is Ishiuchi Maruyama and beyond that Yuzawa. JK is only 5-10 minute drive from where I live but the snow the last few years hasn't been hot and it's nothing special. Ishiuchi is the best in the region I reckon but again timing and the snow just hasn't encouraged me to get out much.

I think I probably overdid it when I first came here and the novelty isn't there any more.

Oh yes, and I don't get any freebie nighta tickets. wink

Nighta is killer though no where near as good as it used to be (sound like an old man!). That's due to the place being tracked out so much in the day, unless it's spewing, then it's killer.

The whole mellow feel to cruizin under the lights and dropping into the darkness are pretty hard to beat.

I ski the nighta at Kumanoyu at Shiga when I go with my school, just cuz us teachers screw around have good fun, but you can straight line it, or do like 3 turns if you want, so its not that interesting.

Hakuba nightas lol What a joke.

Hiroshima nightas were good fun up in Geihoku - they used to have night skiing all night...I wonder if they still do. I cant remember if that was Saito or Kokusai (forget the new name of Geihoku Kokusai).

Best nighta in Niseko - was an anful windy day with the top lifts all closed off but the snow was coming down like nothing else. Slowed up enough to open the top lifts at around 5 or 6 o'clock. And there was about 20 people riding the triple all night long in untouched powder heaven.

Yeah unfortunately its the only time I can make it between final exams and graduation. Plan was to be there dec3-dec9. Havent made any bookings yet but I figure Niseko is the best chance we have to do some boarding in Japan, so we are willing to make the trip up from Tokyo. (coming from Australia flying into Tokyo).

Very happy to hear advice if you think we have a better option!