Actress 'Noripee' - drug possession

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crack is a drug that was manufactured on the street to increase the profit of the dealer.

Heroin is a relatively safe drug, The harm comes from you don't know what the potency is and you don't know what and how much they have used to water it down.

Coke is relatively safe if you don't mix it with alcohol. Again you don't know what it is being cut with. It can be said that profiteering is the danger to public health.

All drugs have dependancy since you will suffer from withdrawal. Even Ganja, alcohol...

Hydroponic hybrid ganja is known to induce psychosis ( too high THC content for some) however the natural grown does not.

Most drugs problem is that you don't know what you are really taking and how it has been manufactured, diluted by other substance, how potent it is.

The potency is also affected by how you take it.

If you shoot up anything - coke, speed, heroin... you are in the area where you can easily suffer from overdose, psychosis, etc .. -humans are not designed to ingest food this way, (you are not taking it thru your mouth), it goes straight to your brain.

The point is RESPECT.

You are taking something in your body. You have to know your limit. Not everyone can handle it even other's can.

A LITTLE MEDICINE IS BENEFICIAL, A LOT IS POISONOUS.

No, thursday. I have no time for this topic really.

Quote:
The point is RESPECT

It sure is one point - the lack of respect people who abuse their bodies with these things have for themselves, and often the people around them.

Anyway, I'm retiring from this thread. It will just go round and round and round...

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Crack is a drug that was manufactured on the street to increase the profit of the dealer.
Heroin is a relatively safe drug, The harm comes from you don't know what the potency is and you don't know what and how much they have used to water it down.
Coke is relatively safe if you don't mix it with alcohol. Again you don't know what it is being cut with. It can be said that profiteering is the danger to public health.
All drugs have dependancy since you will suffer from withdrawal. Even Ganja, alcohol...
Hydroponic hybrid ganja is known to induce psychosis ( too high THC content for some) however the natural grown does not.
Most drugs problem is that you don't know what you are really taking and how it has been manufactured, diluted by other substance, how potent it is.
The potency is also affected by how you take it.
If you shoot up anything - coke, speed, heroin... you are in the area where you can easily suffer from overdose, psychosis, etc .. -humans are not designed to ingest food this way, (you are not taking it thru your mouth), it goes straight to your brain.
The point is RESPECT.
You are taking something in your body. You have to know your limit. Not everyone can handle it even other's can.
A LITTLE MEDICINE IS BENEFICIAL, A LOT IS POISONOUS.

Thanks, now that I know that, I'll get right on it. It sounds like fun.

No it's about judgemental people who wants to tell what is right and wrong, and what you can do and can't without been provided with the information. Unbiased information, if there is any and I doubt that a little, too.

Scary in this world of information people can not draw knowledge out of it.

I can live with that, but I don't like one half of the people criminalizing the other half. For what? Drugs is not the problem. There are bigger problems.

I'm talking outta my ass again... doh lol

what are the main benefits of it remaining illegal?

GG, when I was at University I dabbled here and there with drugs (not heroin or crack), I am not scum (I don't think so anyway!! wink ). Alcohol and nicotine (which is more addictive than heroin) are drugs that do untold damage to your body yet I bet you take at least one of them. What's the difference....only that they are legal? Why does that make a difference, the drugs don't recognise legal labels and will damage your body regardless, so I take from it that you believe that you believe that the Governemnt knows best and if they say they are legal then they can't be that bad. Wrong! They are bad for you, the cost of health care for these drugs are atsronomical.

When cocaine was made illegal it instantly made criminals of a whole culture of people, the natives of Colombia, Peru, Ecuador and other Andean cultures who had been using the coca plant in their natural remedies for thousands of years. The law made a pariah out of the whole coca plant and yet there were no coca addicts, no ant-social behaviour as a result of chewing coca leaves or brewing its tea.

If you're worried about your taxes, the worst thing you can do with drug users is lock them up.

The biggest problem with drugs is that people who've never taken them or who are incapable of admitting to taking them (because of loss of job, status, etc.) create drug policy. Its like single people talking about marriage or the childless taking about parenting. All very nice in theory but not based on anything tangible.

Originally Posted By: thursday
but this is not about respect is it? It's about nutters wanting to make it legal.

No its not.

It's about sensible people wanting to decriminilise the possession of personal use quantities.
The drug trade would still be illegal, but instead of locking up Jane and Johnny Doe for thier Uni dabblings, the targets for arrest would be the crim's - the dealers and the pushers cutting thier coke with ratsack.

I attended a Drug and Alcohol Seminar for parents of teenagers held at our school by a very well respected expert. He ticked off some of the parents majorly because he cut straight to the point.
"Dont worry about drugs - worry about alcohol. Your kids might dabble in drug taking, but it is a very very very small percentage that continue with it and end up dysfuntional. They are far more likely to have serious repercussions from alcohol abuse." He also made it very clear that alcohol education of our kids at 14 and 15 was TOO LATE. They already have thier opinions formed by then and probably have been drinking already. If the kids example is Mum popping the cork at 4.30pm saying "Good God, what a day I really need a drink" then they are behind the 8-ball already!

So what did you 'dabble in' TB?

Can I presume it's not really hard stuff?

Far from being a drugs expert, but isn't there a rather large difference between marijuana and heroin?

(Perhaps not for the Japanese authorities but...)

Originally Posted By: big-will
Far from being a drugs expert, but isn't there a rather large difference between marijuana and heroin?

Maybe that has a lot to do with people being outraged at Noripee's treatment...

Let's keep to rhetoric shall we !?

Japan is a nation where you are guilty until proven innocent and the cops can keep you in jail up to like 20 or so days. It doesn't have to be current, and past incidents are prosecuted with evidence or admission.

We are talking 2~10 years.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear

"Dont worry about drugs - worry about alcohol. Your kids might dabble in drug taking, but it is a very very very small percentage that continue with it and end up dysfuntional. They are far more likely to have serious repercussions from alcohol abuse."

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles

Its like single people talking about marriage or the childless taking about parenting. All very nice in theory but not based on anything tangible.

That makes sense to me.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx

It is also a fundamental religious right.

Uhhh. OK.

I really feel like I'm living in a foreign country when stuff like NoriP comes up. It's STILL everywhere. They have these "experts" in tweed suits on TV and then a panel of normal people who are in shock and disgust with any mention of NoriP or drugs. Fact is, meth is as hard a drug as any, but it really wouldn't matter what she got busted with. "DRUGS are BAD". Yet tobacco companies have huge add campaigns with shiny posters plastered on vending machines obviously targeting teenagers. Not to mention alcohol, beer commercials, binge drinking...

I don't know. I shouldn't complain about the pervasiveness of alcohol because it is after all my drug of choice and the only one I'm allowed to use since they made shrooms illegal. (But that's more of a religious thing anyway.) evilgrin lol
Originally Posted By: big-will
So what did you 'dabble in' TB?
Can I presume it's not really hard stuff?

I have tried weed but actually I detest smoking so that was really a non starter for me, I didn't really get anything out of it either (although when I ate it, it was one hell of a ride). I have tried cocaine before, again it didn't do anything for me, I don't like the fact that you have to sneak away into secret corners, chop it up and then snort it up your nose.....the prep makes it feel dirty in my mind. So that basically leaves E. I did quite a lot in University, from the age of about 19 until about 21-22 if I was in a dance club, which at that time was almost every weekend, then I'd have a couple of pills. After that it started to peter out simply because I felt like I wanted more from my night out. wanted to have a day after (which is just a write off if you have been dropping) where I could go and do stuff and then the hangover was starting to encroach into Monday's as well so I knocked it on the head. Around that time I came to Japan for the 1st time as well and although I may or may not have used(legal disclaimer) when I 1st came over here, the price of a pill and the fact that Japanese law is uber strict with drug use just didn't make it worth the risk, bearing in mind that I was coming out of my drug experimentation years at this time.

Again, for the record, I'm NOT advocating the legalising of drugs for free use. I wouldn't want to walk into 7/11 and be able to grab a gram of coke, with my bucket of Oden and bottle of green tea! BUT the drug legislation as it stands isn't helping anyone!! Something needs to change because prohibiton simply doesn't work.

I only recently started thinking in these terms, reading a few books on the subject and it seems that overwhelming amounts of ex-Drug Cops are favouring a change of direction. I can't think of a good enough reason to keep the legislation the way it is, can anyone?

I also did shrooms over here when they were legal......groovy!!
Originally Posted By: thursday
Alcohol. You comparing that with crack, coke, heroin? Not even on the same planet.

Not as far away as you would think. Consider the effects - consumption can leave you lying in the gutter vomiting, unconsciousness and potentially death; and it’s addictive. How does that compare to the "worst" drugs.

Most dangerous drugs
Research recently published in the medical journal The Lancet rates the most dangerous drugs (starting with the worst) as follows:

1. Heroin
2. Cocaine
3. Barbiturates
4. Street methadone
5. Alcohol
6. Ketamine
7. Benzodiazepines
8. Amphetamine
9. Tobacco
10. Buprenorphine
11. Cannabis
12. Solvents