My friend this morning told me that Colonel Sanders - you know the Kentucky one - was Japanese. Proof? The new tv ad for Kentucky that shows 'archive footage' of him at the beginning, clearly Japanese.

But anyway, it's nearly Christmas so lets have a Kentucky Christmas. I do like the Japanese wafu chicken sando one.

That's all./

I think it was the occasion when the colonel kicked the bucket that they brought out the bucket meals. Nice way to remember.

I like the original flavour, the spicey hot one has too much flower and hence drenched oil.

when at college, I worked for a few nights in a KFC to help out a friend. The oil in the friers was shortening. It comes solid in a box and we just put the who lump into the frier.

The chicken pieces were pre-packed 25 pieces of frozen bits each pack. The number of each part is the same in each packet. The breasts were most popular.

The flour to coat the pieces of meat came in plain paper bags, no list of ingredients (secret recipe etc.)

The friers were presurized, so each fry was 25 mins. The buzzer goes off and you take it out.

After 3 nights I got really sick of the fried chicken smell and couldn't even keep down the free meal.

• 4 weeks later...

I worked at kfc in highschool. The staff were a bunch of potheads. We played a lot of frisbee in the parking lot on the late night shifts. Then a Chinese guy named Jackie became the manager and gradually everyone quit.