you would take your own booze on the mountain when you are riding? why? If you want a beer at lunch tie then the restaurants serve beer but I don't know why you'd wanna take your own booze up unless you enjoy riding loaded

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Campa thinks "no bars at resorts" (which is almost true) = no place to buy beer. Don't worry, Campa. You don't have to sneak around with a wineskin. You can buy beer. But yeah, if you need a hit on the lifts between runs I suppose you can do that too. I think Thursday does that.

Hakuba is a spread out valley with 10 resorts so there is no real single base area. Echoland is probably the closest thing to what I think you are looking for. Plenty of bars and restaurants and the last 3 NYEs have been pretty big. As far as I can remember cheers

Sounds like you have spent many NYEs here.

I have been informed by a very reliable source that nightlife is pretty much non existant in Shiga.

Every resort I have ever been too has had, I reakon a 70/30 ratio and most of those woman are with their guys.

I have spent no NYE's 'here' - that applies for both Japan and Hakuba.

Didn't say I had.

I was simply asking a question

Quote:
Wasn't one a big "Sausagefest", when there was no snow and people were getting narked?

...as I had heard that to be the case. And I can imagine it to be true as we definitely saw a higher number of blokes to girls when we were in Hakuba than other places.

That's all. There's no need to be so sensitive every time you pop your head in here every now and again to do some Hakuba promo.

I wasn't meaning to damn the place! lol

Night life is pretty much non existant in Shiga. So no sausage fests there.

do you mean the one a couple of years ago with America's "finest" causing bother up there? Although I wasn't there I'd heard that there was a bunch of trouble with some Navy guys

I don't know TB, maybe that was it. I do remember one year not too long ago there wasn't any decent snow until new year and that caused lots of consternation, and perhaps constipation as well. Don't know if it's the same thing.

Anyway, really doesn't matter. dance

After a big night celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary on the 30th, I dont think I can back it up for NYE....so my plans are for an early night and first tracks on the 1st while the rest of you are sleeping off your hangovers smile

TB:there is nothing worng with riding a little loaded, as long as you can still feel your edges nothing else matters. infact if all you can feel is your edges your all the better.

iv been to alot of ski resorts and the most iv ever seen is like at 40/60 raito of girl to guy, so i never expect too much. Either way im sure ill figure something fun out.

I found a place in echoland, so thats pretty much my plan of where im staying while in hakuba. Thanks everyone for their advise it really helped. I think.:)

Mamabear: no matter how drunk i get, even if im hungover ill, still be in line at the crack of dawn to get nice fresh snow.

Originally Posted By: Campa
Mamabear: no matter how drunk i get, even if im hungover ill, still be in line at the crack of dawn to get nice fresh snow.

I get that Campa - the adrenalin will take care of that in the first run!

This time last year I wrote myself off in a lock in with my girls at Thredbo, and then had a 10am lesson - which I had specifically booked to take me to the next level - black stuff thru rocks and tree's - considering I had only been doing this for just under 2 yrs at the time it was pretty intense. I was VERY dodgy at the start, but by the time I was on the lift the second time around it was all good.

I am not in favour of drunk riding - hungover riding however is a different matter.

There are enough deaths, serious injuries and minor bingles already - without adding the drunken yobbo into the mix. The guy who knocked me out in Niseko 1.5yr ago was smashed, and I was not happy!

There is however a difference in having a beer with your lunch, or a shot of rum in your hot chocolate. It is not going to effect your judgement, whereas a skinful at the bar at lunchtime will.