What do you get a woman for her 40th Birthday?

Any ideas? It's a milestone in anyone's life, more so for a woman.

Hormones start to change and such, so does jewelery become less attractive. Strange question I was asked. My inckling would be jewelery would become more attractive.

Well you probably already know my thoughts on jewelery, it's all useless trinkets given to shallow people from shallow people razz

I would look at doing something more like a night in a luxury hotel with a dinner at one of the finest restaurants in town or something along those lines, a great experience you can both look back on for years to come.

Here's a hint from a 40 year old. DO NOT MENTION anti aging anything - hormones or mid life crisis you may be stabbed with a kitchen knife!!!!!! rolleyes

Mr Snowhunter took me to Canada for 6 weeks and we stayed at the Fairmont Banff Springs and Fairmont Chataeu Lake Louise. I loved and it certainly has been one of the most special times of my life. So now I fondly remember my 40th Birthday.

I did not want a party as as far as I was concerned there was NOTHING to celebrate.

My suggestion would be a very romantic holiday or sports car or a nice mega bling diamond ring or earrings perhaps something from Tiffany's.

Or if you are not up for any of that what about a luxurious day at a day spa!!! She will come out feeling a million dollars.

Isnt that funny - one of my best friends spent her 40th in Banff/Lake Louise as well (just a few weeks ago!) - she also was running away from the reality of turning 40.

Whereas I was celebrating.

I had a massive party.

Had way over 100 people here, live band, fantastic food, free flowing food and great times. I was thrilled to be surrounded by people that I loved from my family, childhood friends, teen buddies, work friends, and people I have become close to recently. It was an awesome celebration. Something I still smile about now. I wouldnt have traded that for anything!

NOPE!

no way!!!

At 21 I had no idea who I was and what the world was about. I was an insecure, young mum learning and eeking out my way.

Today at 40 I know who I am and what I believe in. I am confident and self aware. And I know how to snowboard thumbsup lol

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
That is a good one gg.

How about a lovely holiday.
from the washing up?

Rob no one with money in HK do things like washing up. That's what the help (slave labour) is for!
Originally Posted By: thursday
rollabout slave. We pay her, honest we do.

You'd be amazed at how many bookings we get from HK and Singapore where the family forgets to mention they are bringing the help and don't even organise a seat on the airport transfers or a bed in the accomm for them! doh

That's rather crazy. I'm surprised they managed to book a plane ticket for her.

The crazy Singapore tax on maids means they get a third of what they get in Hong Kong. Singapore maids all want to work here. Whereas maids here, after 12 years or so, want to retire and buy land back home.

Eating out or in, she gets the same food as we do. That means we have abalone, she has abalone too. You are entrusting your maid with the most precious thing in your life. You better treat her like one of the family.

Originally Posted By: thursday
Eating out or in, she gets the same food as we do. That means we have abalone, she has abalone too. You are entrusting your maid with the most precious thing in your life. You better treat her like one of the family.

thumbsup