• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jared is right about them starting last year. I dont know anything about the bindings being late. On the net I have only heard good thing about them from line. Every other site says to wait a good year or two.

no nz ski mags review skis cos the mags are far too small. If they gave someone a bad review then they would loose advertisers and go under - ony good things can be said about anything.

NZ dont really have much in the way of mags - they are generally 3 times yearly and fairly crap. Often just big advertisments for the helli-challange in wanaka (the editor of the hag is the guy running the helli-challange and big air in wanaka)

The only thing of interest is some of the travel stories from the summer.

Aussie ski mags are bigger and better but not super either.

I pay the american dollars and get Freeze.

Went to the ski show here on the weekend.As far as twins go they only had the new 151 1080s in that blue, some Troublemakers and the Public Enemys. The troublemakers were 54800yen and the public enemys 58900yen. There was also a representative from LINE there, got my hands on the new catalogue. The LINE pro models(Sprang,Nck and Pollard) are 63000yen. And the mutha Motherships are 68000yen.

Uemura,Aiko made an appearance there but rocked up too late and missed her. Spuin`!!

Got this years product catalogues from

volkl

atomic

head

kneissl

K2

Rossignol

Salomon

Only skis though sorry.

Any Questions ask away

K2 looks like it has the most new product available next year. The Kahuna is back as stated and it is a super fat twin. 137 108 127 only in 189cms big ski

seth pistol is 128 95 118

so the kahuna just kills it really. I think its even bigger than the biggest fisher big stix

Volkl has changed their tail tip design a bit a little like the lines. tweaked the graphics if you like comics the graphis are cool, the Vpro has some funky chicks. the gotama is the fattest twin with specs at 130 105 122.

Kneissl has a cool poster with a dude sliding a rail at 47 Ou do you want it.

Salomon made things more pricy with the new xscream hot pilot series you have to mount their bindings so you cant use old bindings.

Rossi changed the grapics of the scratches and added some shorter models. The bandits have all been fattened a bit and sitfened slightly. I here they are going to be pretty up to snuff next year. also the tails are turned up enough to land fakie.

Atomic changed the grapics on the stomp from yellow grean to red and blue, they look much better. The tweak got new coolers too.

Head is coming out with a bc twin it looks cool snake on it. Looks like the heavy mad trix binding is gone too cant find it in the book. specs name mad trix mojo size 166/176/186 -123.5 89.5 117 seems right up there with the big boys.

The biggest news is for the ladies there is finally someone making proper pow skis for you.About time I think the ladies need more respect. K2 has this baby for the lady pow riders

length 153/160/167/174 spec 122 tip 85 mid 112 tail. grapics are a little flowery for my liking but it was built with ladies balance in mind so I would say that offsets the graphis any questions ask.

Here's one Fattwins. I'm interested in getting a pair of skis with twin tips but would like them to be able to fit into the slots on gondola doors so they won't be a hassle for me. Any such products? BTW, I bet your "fat" blades don't fit in those slots, so how do you manage? Carry them into the gondola like snowboards?

It depends on the gondola. Happo and 47 have wide enough slots to fit them in as singles. The prob is when its busy they might be on the next gondola. If the gondola has snowboard slots its even better. any twintip has to be split.

I have to take the seths inside the gondola at geto. they just fit on the longest diaganol - a bit of a pain in the arse for the other passengers but too bad.

the candides fit in the holes but split up only -

this is jared by the way.

Happo and 47 have fat ski slots so its not a problem there. As with everything new the resorts need time to buy new slots. I think they are going crazy with this problem. First snowboard slots then shape ski slots the twintis that dont fit into the slots unless split last the fattwins.