The modern day experience of buying concert tickets. Not fun.

I don't know what it's like buying concert tickets in Japan, but in the UK now it is a nightmare. A frustrating and expensive one as well.

I remember when I was at college I used to probably see a few bands live every month. Go down to the ticket office and buy the tickets. Simple. Even for fairly big names as well.

Back to the future and now we have to go through Evil Ticketmaster or some other operation that charges 20 quid "processing charge" and then another 10 quid to send the tickets (!). Either that or go online and enter auctions to try and buy ridiculously inflated prices often many times the face value. Oh yeah the other option is to spend 500 quid on some "VIP" option. Hmmmm.

Nightmare.

grandpa

The booking charges and postal charges are a real joke.

Unfortunately, there's no real way round them.

Best to keep checking ebay for some good souls who might be selling at face value. And get your timing just right!

Ah I remember buying tickets to see The Smiths with James as support on the Meat Is Murder tour, Royal Court Liverpool. I think it was a tenner.

I saw tons of bands when I were a student in Manc. Its one of the things I missed when I came to Japan. Its all well pricey now. Up maybe three hundred percent in twenty years. That's before all these extra ripoff charges as well.

It's U2 in Sheffied...... a present actually.

I'm not a huge fan but looking forward to seeing them at Wembley in August. Those tickets were bought at face value.

I won't buy tickets at those prices, it's just going crazy.

Must say the idea of huge stadium gigs isn't one that I like. DM are doing stadiums at the moment (without the massive production which seems lacking) but I'm not going this time. The U2 setup looks wild!

We live close to a venue that sometimes holds concerts - Big Day Out for one...and if we simply open the windows/doors we can hear it all from the comfort of home ...sure we dont get to see much, but do you ever?

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
I've heard of that one, it's a big festival isn't it?
Any good bands on of late?

Big Day Out Linky-thing
This has Neil Young as the headline for last Feb, but I recall not that long ago listening to Snow Patrol (I like Snow Patrol - thats why I remember)...cant remember when though.