The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Japan games is a real pain. Music is needed over the over-excitable commentary. Sounds like there's a goal-scoring scene coming up, look up and Japan have got the ball deep in their own half lol

Aren't they playing England soon did I hear?

Quote:
NUFC Statement
Last season Newcastle United Football Club banned reporters of The Daily Mail from all games, the training ground, and from all press conferences. This decision had been reluctantly taken after repeated irresponsible press coverage.

The Daily Mail have recently made approaches through the Association of Editors for the ban to be reviewed. Newcastle United Football Club were considering that request when The Mail on Sunday decided to publish its disgraceful story about Lord Triesman. That story was not in the best interest of English football and has had enormous adverse repercussions already with regard to the 2018 World Cup bid.

Newcastle United Football Club supports the stance taken by Gary Lineker who has ceased to provide a column for the newspaper and has been outspoken in his criticism.

The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday, will be unwelcome at Newcastle United for the foreseeable future. The club has also written to the Premier League and all other Premier League Chairmen, asking for their support in Newcastle's stance against these publications.

If I visit their site, I am one of their traffic numbers.

If 1,000,000 people do the same, it adds up.

We don't give them money directly but we give them traffic, which they use to get money.

But then if we don't buy the newspaper, and instead, read online it reduces their journalist capacity, which in turn, reduces their output, which thus leads to a decline in the their readership, and then crushes them and they quit?