Strange/unsettling experince - "shot at"

This afternoon I was driving down one of the roads in Iiyama and I could see this guy about 300m in front of me. I was driving towards him. He was probably about 55-60 years old, typical ojisan, rucksack on his back, hat on his head.

Anyway, as I was approaching him he suddenly stopped walking and stood facing me. He then brought his hands up and put them together as if he was holding a gun and pointing it towards me and put it up to his eyes as if he was about to shoot. All this time I was approaching in the car and suddenly feeling a bit, well, confused. He then made the action as if he had "shot" the gun - right in my direction.

Obviously he hadn't, it was just some bizarre action, but as mad as he obviously was it was quite unnerving.

confused

That is weird ! I would have stuck my hand out and shot him back pretending I have a Uzi or Mac 10 and raked him. That will get to him and make his day wink

At least he didnt have a real weapon.

Son and I were going to a wedding recently and it was at a Catholic Church house within a Convent Grounds/Catholic Education Centre office. There were a couple of kids (about 10-12yrs old) hanging over the big limestone wall with a CROSSBOW! Aimed right at us. I drove right on past first time, and came back from the other direction and in.

If I had caught those boys I would have cuffed them by the ear and made them take me to thier parents (or guardians as the case may be).

I am glad the Ojisan was just crazy - not carrying a gun and crazy wink

Originally Posted By: thursday
an old soldier perhaps. The last one returned from the Philippines.

lol

you should've pulled out YOUR AK47 and smoked dat foo'!!
wink
Originally Posted By: thursday
an old soldier perhaps. The last one returned from the Philippines.

This particular oyaji sounds far too young... The octagenarian guys in the walkers or wheelchairs by the sides of the roads pointing invisible pretend Arisaka rifles at you are the WWII vets.