I love hiking during the green season, but I always feel a bit sad when the last of the resorts closes for skiing in May.

I did 13 days skiing this season. Not nearly as many as some, but a lot more than many people ever do, so I'm pretty glad about that.

My target for this summer? Shiroumadake. Fireworks. Barbecues. New ski boots for next season. Generally sort my life out!

We shouldn't wish our lives away, but yes, I'm looking forward to autumn already, and an early start for 09/10...

In the meantime, enjoy your summer!

SdS

Originally Posted By: skidaisuki

In the meantime, enjoy your summer!

We will. We're all really psyched about summer. Lots of plans now that my boy is cruising around looking for action. We'll be in the ocean and the pool soon. The rivers soon after that. And of course camping and hiking in the mountains... I may even try and squeeze in a long distance cycling trip though that one would probably have to exclude the family..

Fella's you can change the subject line in your post, and it appears like that in the 'new posts' thingy on the main page. But the original title remains the same.

I remember this debate when someone got a titch on about 'you changed my thread title' - 'no I didnt' - 'yes you did'...LOL

Have fun.

Sapporo is expecting to get up to 27 on Thursday though! Will cool down fairly rapidly in the following days but that's damned warm for this time of year up here.

Yes, have to try and get up to Sapporo during the summer.

I love the place in summertime! (and I can't say that about most places in Japan).

My original point was that the main reason I enjoy summer in Japan is because it is followed by autumn and winter and those are the best times of all.

As I said, it's hiking season for me, and I'm looking forward to some good summits.

Enjoy

SdS

Quote:
My original point was that the main reason I enjoy summer in Japan is because it is followed by autumn and winter and those are the best times of all.

Whats better is to escape Japan in the heat of the summer - enjoy summer where you are and then come back to the autumn and all the goodies to look forward to.

Is it so hard to understand why people do not like being constantly overheated?

I like summer - in the right place. Not here though. It is simply uncomfortable.

Summer in Hokkaido is certainly glorious. I've spent a summer down on the Kanto Plains in Gunma and I wouldn't categorise that as glorious, just damned hot, humid and very uncomfortable.