I know it's only a forecast but anyone heard any long term for the next 3 months? I feel it hasn't been as hot this last few weeks compared to usual, so hoping for perhaps a summer not as scary hot as usual...

Originally Posted By: ShinyDiscoBall
I think we can safely assume that it will be "bloody hot". Whether it will be "unbearably bloody hot" or just "stinklingly bloody hot" remains to be seen.

Originally Posted By: Error404
I think I heard average / average / hotter than usual for the 3 months.

Excellent. Perfect for hanging out at the beach. Then when it gets stinkingly bloody hot, time to head into the mountains for the rivers. thumbsup

Conventional wisdom is hot summer = cold, snowy winter. That's held (unfortunately) true as we've had relatively mild summers the past 3 or 4 years, and relatively short, mild winters. So I'm turning up the air-con and hoping for a blistering hot July-September.

OK. Rainy season = a little shorter than usual but not out of the ordinary.

The heat will arrive shortly before 'Ocean Day' on July 20th and it will be VERY hot. Summer will see little rain until mid-end of August. Then, a very rainy typhoon will hit just as people start talking about water shortages. Then more heat after a couple of days of relief. More typhoons will pass through the area in September/October but typhoon season will not be heavy.