Support systems driving me mad

Does anyone else get worked up with the lack of proper support/service that you sometimes get from companies.

It often seems to be either a cut and paste response that has little to do with your question, or a response that shows a complete lack of understanding of the issue at hand.

Driving me nuts it is - I've had two instances today (one with an online shop and the other with a domain name issue). They seem to be conspiring to make my day extremely frustrating, one is just not answering what I am asking --- not even close! --- and the other one is simply refusing to explain why something has obviously gone wrong.

Arrrrggghhhhhhhhh.

Ah yes I know that situation.

Problem is whether to get all worked up and put lots of pressure on them (and the service dude hate you and perhaps be less willing to help), or be really polite and ask nicely. Difficult to know which might be more effective.

I had that with a bank.

Nearly lost a deposit on a land.

Didn't issue me the cheque I requested within the settlement time. Lucky the vendor was a decent guy and waited a couple of more weeks. Had to take them to the banking authorities to get the extras I had to pay the vendor. They still fussed about it.

NEVER do telephone banking...

Nah, I always ask to speak to the supervisor of the person on the phone. That will make them consider what they are doing. And, if that doesn't work (and the supervisor is also a PITA) ask for THEIR supervisor. There is always someone further up the chain who can be made to feel uncomfortable enough to get something done.

In theory... I ask for the supervisors, too. I always get there name even if it is only the first name. Sometimes they won't tell you their full name.

but it's also in theory that the supervisors are the one's who got there because they don't get intimidated.... You get good ones and bad ones.

With banks, you get pushed from one department to the other...

I find I never get anywhere when I lose my patience. But I make it clear that I am being dealt with an unprofessional. If nothing gets done, you go to consumer affairs or any fair trading authority. If that doesn't work, put up a web site and advertise the injustice done. Be careful not to be defamatory.