Just came back from the local bank where they asked me - and most others it seems - to fill out a quite detailed questionnaire with some very personal questions on it, mostly financial ones.

Cheeky buggers if you ask me, I told them where to go.

Anyone else been asked to do something like that by their bank?

Funny you should post that, same happened to me this morning. I just said I didn't have the time to read all the kanji and answer it so got out of it, but everyone else seemed to be quite happily filling it in without question.

When I signed up for the gym they asked my salary to nearest 100man! Then they all passing it around and I have to fill it in in front of everyone, crazy.

Married/single

How much do you earn?

Has your income increased or decreased in the last 6 months?

By how much?

Will your income increse or decrease in the next 6 months?

What things are you planning on buying in the next 6 months?

What things are you planning on cutting down on in the next 6 months.

etc

Married/single - Married

How much do you earn? enough, don't want to be greedy

Has your income increased or decreased in the last 6 months? no change

By how much? no change

Will your income increse or decrease in the next 6 months? not likely

What things are you planning on buying in the next 6 months? if the market keeps going in the right direction, another apartment, if not, perhaps a lovely hybrid car

What things are you planning on cutting down on in the next 6 months. can't think of any excesses at the moment

Nice, thursday. I doubt they'd be much interested in these answers. They are after ways to rip more out of their "clients" by way of excessive fees and charges.

What's that, you say? I am a cynic? Too bloody right!! Which Bank? - All bloody banks!

There's a reason I use a locally controlled Credit Union!

Credit Union way to go!

These questionnaires... There is no obligation to answer to any of these, whether it's a library card, shopping card, bank, airline, blah blah...

geez, they got us conditioned to answer to any questions...

cheeky buggers.

Hows about they give a customer satisfaction questionnaire instead?

Oh Yeah RIGHT! That is because they are not interested in how satisfied thier customers are with thier experience with thier bank!

Gotta say - over the years we have had nada in the way of assistance from banks. Made us jump through hoops and every loan application we have put in has come back with 'rejected', or conditions like 'you have to sell your house FIRST for a mimimum of (over the valuation), or we will loan you THIS amount, and you will have to tip in the shortfall (from god knows where). Mind you we always found a way - never let NO stand in the way of what we wanted to do!

We finally got JACK of it - went bank searching - and guess what? We found a bank that actually works WITH us, and have a business relationship manager looking after us - no more rejection or hoop jumping. Bloody MARVELLOUS!

If you are not happy with your bank - vote with your feet and find somewhere that treats you as a customer not an annoyance. In JA's case a nice CU, for me it is still one of the big national banks - but we got lucky in the personelle - if they leave - so might we...