Found the below quite funny.

Anyone got or wear (used to wear) concert/band t-shirts? I've never been into that kind of thing. The only one I have ever had was a present, a Violator red rose on black long-sleeved t-shirt. (Actually very nice it was).

Quote:
1. When wearing another bands t-shirt, try to keep the same genre or influence.

ex. a) David Bowie @ NIN

ex. B) Placebo @ Futureheads

2. The ironic concert t-shirt is the big exception. if you wear a Culture Club or Michael Bolton t-shirt to a Cure show you will get many compliments.

3. There is a sliding scale of the obscurity of the band vs. the genre.

for example: A Tapes ‘n Tapes shirt could be worn to any rock show.

4. When wearing a old concert t-shirt to a newer tour by the same band, it is prefered to wait at least eight years. too soon will show you to be lame, but to follow this guide will give you street cred as a long time fan.

~It should also be noted that a shirt purchased off EBay can break this rule, therefore a stain or hole of some sort is required. (YANP Matt)

5. It is also a violation to wear any shirt of any band members former band or side project to the current incarnation of that band members show.

6. It is a violation to wear the shirt you just bought at that same concert. Especially when it is over whatever you had on before.

7. You may not wear a new concert t-shirt for 2 weeks (especially the next day)

~The exception to this is when you saw a show out of town and wear the shirt at home the next day.

8. It is a violation to wear a concert t-shirt you purchased from the band at a second show on the same tour.

9. No Beatles, Bob Marley or Jimi Hendrix t-shirts, unless you actually went to one of their concerts.

10. It is a violation to wear a concert t-shirt that has been signed by any member of the band.

Lol, that's so wrong.

I honestly wish I had bought 2 or 3 of the same shirt at certain concerts - e.g. Midnight Oil at Forster RSL in the 90's, Metallica @ the Hordern Pavilion in 1989, and a few others.

My mate at college used to have literally hundreds. He was at concerts at least once a week, and always bought one. And - he always wore the same T-Rex one!

when I was in the concert attending era, i used to struggle to buy the tickets, let alone the t-shirts that went with them.

I remember my fist concert, saw Fleetwood Mac in 1980. the ticket cost me A$16, compared with my pocket money of $2 per week - now thats a big commitment!!

Funny that. Never had one actually.

Quote:
2. The ironic concert t-shirt is the big exception. if you wear a Culture Club or Michael Bolton t-shirt to a Cure show you will get many compliments.

I want a Michael Bolton t-shirt! lol