• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wiggles are awesome!

a) they keep kids entertained

B) they keep kids entertained

c) they keep kids entertained

and...

oh yeah ... right ... THEY KEEP KIDS ENTERTAINED!

(not a parent are we Rob?)

We are long past thye Wiggles but I do have a photo of my older two kids with Geoff (as in WAKE UP Geoff) somewhere - loooooonnnnnngggg time ago at the beginning of thier careers. Nice guys.

ohhh and did I mention they keep the kids entertained?

Why parents dump their kids in front of TVs to keep them entertained I will never know. When I have a kid, they're getting dumped in front of some toys, books or in the park. Snow park that is. wink

Originally Posted By: RobBright
When I have a kid......

Says it all really Rob!

Everyone is different and some parents can be downright lazy...yup.

But a session or two of The Wiggles can buy you enough time to have a quick shower, poop without a buddy, or feed and get the baby to sleep while the toddler does the 'hot potato' with Geoff. Kids cant play at the park, amuse themselves with toys or read to themselves 24/7. It is a nice dream to think that Mum or Dad will be there to entertain the child each and every waking hour, but the reality is there is LOTS to do, lots of learning and interacting going on all the time and KIDS as well as parents require some down time.

Come see me after you've raised a few kids .... I guarentee you will have adjusted your expectations of child rearing... but - good for you - I wish you luck smile
Originally Posted By: thursday
The Wiggles

They're bril. My baby thinks so anyway.

Oh dear. Kids stuff really is in Another World To Mine.

I thought it might have something to do with Mr Wiggles.
Originally Posted By: JA
Says it all, really, Mama. Geeze you seem to be channelling me a ot lately! Have we met in a previous life?

lol

I think it is just that we have 'been there, done that, bought the t-shirt and got the reality check'!!

But on the topic of previous lives - hmmmm - perhaps a new thread....

We had a motivatinal speech today from a local Olympian. She competed in the 1992 winter games.

She spoke non-stop for 1hour 20mins...thats some going.

Was quite cute as well!