Valentine day, another way to rip cash out of poor unsuspecting punters. Invented and promoted by the chocolate manufacturers, along with Easter, Mother's Day etc.

What a rort!

Yeah I know what it is Jynxx- thats why I felt like slapping him! lol

'They' seem to be trying to get it a 2 way thing this year, I have heard many times that and there have been magazine things and tv pieces about it. No doubt paid for by the choco companies.

If it does become 2 way, wonder what'll happen to White Day. That 2 way too?

That would have got him puzzled and you the talk of town... lol

White day... checked Wikipedia and it says started 1978 as Marshmallow day marketed to men to return the choco favour received. Honestly I was in Tokyo around that time but never heard of it or seen it. I really don't know when it became standard practice....I don't think it was early 80's thing. I can't remember my sister getting white choco, either... she didn't like the valentine thing, either...hold on she did get some when she was older! sorry sis..maybe it was Giri-choko, too....oh, shit...I better shut up.

She is Bavarian...She speaks Bavarian and high-German. She's got dark hair and the colour of her eyes change from green, blue, grey blue, brown, and I swear she had been Japanese in her previous life with me. She loves Natto with raw eggs dropped into it. Now, that's fairdinkum Nippon food. And she tans easily and skin so smoooth.

Lucky me smile

I love Germany, I went to the Oktoberfest in munich a few years ago, it was the most beer I have ever drank in my life!! Lots of hot frauleins swanning around in tight Leiderhosen and pig tails, das ist gut, Ja?

clap

Mate, if you have drank that much beer sure..... biggrin

The food.. The best bread in the world... People greet each other by saying "greetings to god" which is strange and not as friendly as Aussies but probably they haven't had there share of beer. Most of the time it is a very somber place. Even the dogs are well behaved.

I like Bavaria, and I find that language more relaxed. The people of Tirol speak similar to Bavaria so it's good to know it. I thought all Germans speak English, not true. I think it's going to take a long time to speak with ease. I'm only beginning to understand a little. Dodgy on the details. I can just stay here because of the Alps.... Thinking of getting a split board...