Perhaps people will NOT DRINK that night, and just celebrate in a sober and majime way. Yes, that's what'll happen. Unless of course it will just be more of a piss up than a normal night!

there was a street brawl, i think it was 2 years ago, hopefully not any this year. also there are music and other events incl fireworks outside the alpen hotel for the civilized. i'll be eating canadian bacon and maple syrup in kutchan that day...

How was Australia Day in Niseko. Hopefully no street brawls or to many out of control Australians.

Great here in Oz everyone was out having bbq's, playing cricket, nearly every second car had Australia Flags Flying.

We celebrated with Vegemite on Toast for Breakfast, Went down to the beach with the dog, had a beer and Pie (with tomato sauce) for lunch and A Lamb Chop for Dinner with another beer and a lamington for dessert. Can't get more Australian than that.

Kanpai!! cheers

Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
How was Australia Day in Niseko. Hopefully no street brawls or to many out of control Australians.

No street brawls as far as I know but there was a little scuffle in one of the bars. Overall though people have been pretty well behaved this year.