Watching people in their cars

I don't do it as a habit, but today I had to be sitting in the garage for 30 minutes or so and had nothing to do. I started watching people in their cars who were coming up to the junction and traffic lights. It was quite funny.

Picking noses (+ eating), singing loudly, talking to themselves, arguing, kissing, scratching their barcode head...... Seems people forget that other people can see them in their car.

lol

Careful what you do now!

I don't use my phone while I drive, but I never use two hands to drive anyway, always one hand, it feels more relaxed and I have complete control, two hands to me makes no difference.

I do agree using a keitai while driving is not good!!

Yes, I've seen some weird things while people watching (I people watch all the time).. You have the good ol' pick n lick, as well as all the usually scratching and stuff... thoroughly disgusting.

On the other hand, I used to be a mechanic. The way some people keep their cars is absolutely disgusting as well... I remember one lady had a tarago (estima/lucinda) with lambs wool seat covers. I had to replace the seat belt stalks.. I found old McD chips, lollies, chips (crisps) and everything down there... And because the holes were so tight, it reminded me of reading James Herriot about when he was lambing, sticking his hand into somewhere wooly and sticky....

Another was a little old lady, who's car was that disgusting, our detailer dreaded cleaning it... She had a massive rottweiler, and a little maltese thing she had saved from abuse which she took everywhere with her... left hair impregnated in the seat and on a steamy summer day (like we have in Queensland), the car stunk like nothing else.

Then there was the little taiwanese guy who must have thought he was Mr. Hot, because he had a full strip of frangers hanging from the wiper stalk...

The stories I could tell...

There was also the really fat bogan woman. I had to pick her up in her car, with cigarette butts that had been overfilling the ash tray and ash on nearly every surface (the detailer was P.O'd about cleaning this one as well). She asked is she could smoke, I politely said I prefer if she didn't and that I get asthma/coughing fits from cigarette smoke. She then complains to my service manager telling him that I said she couldn't, and he sides with her!!

There was also a chinese girl with just about every sanrio/cutesy character toy imaginable. She had so many Pukka and Mashimoro plushies that you couldn't see out the back window (It was a Corolla hatch). She also had a big old dent in her rear hatch and quarter... I always drove, because damn she scared me...

Then there's all the stuff mechanics do wink

I think I'm hijacking this thread... I'll start another one with everyone being able to put down dodgy/disgusting stuff they've seen or been guilty of themselves. You get/hear a ton of them when ever you work in an industry with any amount of customer service...

Don't drive whilst in Japan, but back in the States, I always see people eating while driving. I once saw a lady eating a BOWL OF CEREAL while driving!

Another one I see a lot is women putting on makeup while driving. That is crazy dangerous!

She had the bowl on the center console and would pick it up at every traffic light and start into it. When the light changed, she would hit the gas and start moving forward without hands on the steering wheel, rushing to put down the bowl and move her hands over! She had kids in the back! Totally irresponsible.

It is quite amazing what some people do while driving isn't it.

Actually how many people eat snacks, etc while driving here?

I am sure some of you do!

I sometimes much on a chocolate bar or chew sweets while I am driving, have to say never tried eating ramen while driving though, that is rather too over the top!

Ramen is way more dangerous than cereal!

I can't imagine how I'd even do that if I happened to have the inclination. Just seeing the ramen delivery guys on bikes with a tray of full bowls not spilling everything is astounding enough!

I think I need one of those lap trays...