Just reading in another thread Fattwins talking about 47 pulling passes if you go to 'naughty places'. Wondering if anyone has any experience of passes being taken anywhere (else)?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I remember a thread some time ago where someone was saying "there's no way they'd take a pass off me". Anyone here feel like that? And what would you do.... fight?

fight with words but never with fists yes i would. if its somewhere that has no reason to be closed then I will say something. That said I rarely these days go to places that really go after you. I prefer the no hassle places to the hassle places

• 3 weeks later...

Was up at Gala yesterday, saw some people messing round down the side of the mountain (very steep, looks sure dangerous)... looks like they were warned a few times but going back (we saw this from the lifts over a period of about an hour). Last we saw sure looked like they were being dragged away, very probably to the gondola with their day ended.

2 weeks ago I was in Naeba and a lot of terrain was closed. Patrol was on high alert. But you could easily circumvent the ropes to get waistdeep into the good stuff.

I didn't duck or jump ropes, just took a more creative lineon the slopes, with 5meters walking up to a closed chair.

If they don't want me there then they should make rethink on where they put the ropes.

yeah, i think going around ropes isn't so bad...

one time in nz (mt hutt) i accidentally went over an edge into a 'closed' section that wasn't even roped off and got told off by a liftie..

Hahaha

There isn't anything to keep us busy at Tsugaike. The groomed or cut runs suck poo. And if we got caught again which we would have they would have pulled both our passes and FT has more to lose than I do with his season pass.

Ski, I would never fight with patrol over a pass; but have heard incidents where patrol have been rough and hit people before. If I was hit by somebody first, then I would fight.

Like I said, I was polite with the Cortina patrol and got to keep my pass; had I been rude and uncooperative then Im sure they wouldve pulled it in a second. Dont think its worth yelling at patrol, theyre just doing their job, right? It just depends on the attitude and abuse of power that often happens in this country.

You guys need to start deleting some off those words that........ to much away. lol

Sorry CB I though I told you about that. I was freaking busy man driving and hosting and thinking. I gave Toque a choice once deep trees pillow drops or open chutes 2nd to last run. That run was sic as. My mind was focused on one task the whole weekend sic lines and where are they. I think we made 2 mistakes, tsugaike too early in the morning and the chute.

Go to nozawa or hakuba cb, tats will take you he is already asking about you.

Cross your fingers for us this weekend too eh.

at happo we did stuff to the far skiers left of the shite gap. steep tree chute that flows out into the chutes of happo. you have never seen this stuff cb.

Pillows at tsugaike oh yes we did hit triple 2 to 3meter drop lines every 3rd run or so. The best linees were the open steep south lines though sic as but that pissed off patrol big time. not easy to get into either

Ducking ropes is all fine and dandy but remember that some places are closed for a reason. If you do duck ropes make sure you don't do it alone and only do it if you know what you are doing. I don't know how many times I've heard people say we went through ###### today and then watched their jaws drop when you tell them that an avalanche went through there too. Sure that's not as likely here as it is in Canada or Europe but it does happen and there are plenty of other dangers such as tree wells. A guy died in Niigata this year when he fell head first into a tree well and couldn't get out. He had just ducked a rope and was only 30m from a groomed run. So basically remember to be careful, be responsible, and if you get caught you can't argue because you know you are in the wrong, even if you think you know better.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dougy:
Ducking ropes is all fine and dandy but remember that some places are closed for a reason. If you do duck ropes make sure you don't do it alone and only do it if you know what you are doing. I don't know how many times I've heard people say we went through ###### today and then watched their jaws drop when you tell them that an avalanche went through there too. Sure that's not as likely here as it is in Canada or Europe but it does happen and there are plenty of other dangers such as tree wells. A guy died in Niigata this year when he fell head first into a tree well and couldn't get out. He had just ducked a rope and was only 30m from a groomed run. So basically remember to be careful, be responsible, and if you get caught you can't argue because you know you are in the wrong, even if you think you know better.
Thanks Mom :p
;\)

Good one. Couldn't have said it better though. Always practice safe skiing/riding and make good descisions to live and ride another day.