Love dogs and sure lots of others do to. (If you don't create a not like dogs thread ok).

But which are best? Thinking of getting one.

I just love spaniels and beagles (even if they are a bit silly).

Got a retired Greyhound.

His name is Toby

COntrary to popular belief they are lazy, loyal, people friendly - but they will kill any cats, rabbits or ferrets that enter thier yard. Many's the time we have had to do the 'death knock' to the neighbours regarding puss.

We have had one or another retired Greyhound for the last 9 years.

Malamutes, Huskies, Labs, Retrivers, Bernese, etc...I love dogs as running partners and its a plus if they become an ultimate frisbee partner.

I dont see getting one here possible for a while :( I dont have time for the thing for one and space is another problem. I think here Id prolly look seriously into getting a Jack Russel...

I am a dog addict I would have 10 if I was allowed.

I have a Staffy who is gorgeous and has the best personality

A White German Shepard who is very reserved and a real gentleman, does have a few anxiety issues.

A german shorthaired pointer who is like a big dog with a little dog personality VERY SMOOCHY!!!!

Beagles and Jack Russels can be VERY Naughty but have great personalities.

Really read up on your dog before you get one e.g. exercise needed, mental stimulation, general care, health issues etc.

I only EVER get my dogs from the animal welfare league I would NEVER NEVER NEVER buy a dog from a pet shop.

OH after all that get an English Staffy or a Boxer they are fun dogs and both breeds are very social. smile

Every Family should have a dog!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: arcadia
Love border collies but not the most practical dog for Japan.
Have two miniature dachshunds which whilst extremely loyal are noisy and have coprophilial tendencies

lol
My co-worker's Cocker Spaniel was coprophagus.

We have a family Chihuahua back in The States. They are clean and fairly odorless, but they tend to be rather anti-social.

Have owned, over the years (with a huge break in the middle there) a terrier (I was only 6 so cannot remember the exact breed) a couple of Border Collies, a "bitzer" and a couple of collie/kelpie cross. All have been fun, the collie/kelpie is a very (no make that VERY) loyal pup, and as naughty as can be. But, they are very loveable.

Currently no dogs as the yard is not 'escape-proof'. Will remedy that some time in te coming year and then another couple of dogs on the list of 'things to do'.

Dude that's harsh wink Thanks CB - to be fair to her, that was perhaps the only time, except when she was sleeping, that she managed to stay still for longer than 5 seconds. And only becuase I was bribing her with a beef chew wink. Got the photo immediately after so will try to upload those later today.