What are people most looking forward to about this coming season?

For me it will be that i'll get to show other people how to progress, so that they can improve, ride more of the mountain and have more fun. The massive bonus, is that i'll get to work, live, and play in the best environment on earth - the mountains.

More than improving or anything like that just having some fun. And trying to get in more than last year which wasn't that snowy for me.

Getting back on the board and ba' deep in powder smile

Learning to ride better in deep powder

Face shots all day

small lift queues at the less famous places

Hitting Shiga Kogen this year for sure

Onsens

Relaxing with a beer afterwards

Getting out from the city

A week travelling in western Honshu and Kyushu,

Then 10 days on that fabulous white powdery stuff at Nozawa Onsen.

After that, another year to save up for next season (Anyone ready for a 60yo toy boy??) = Joke, Joyce!

I'm gonna be working for Jeff Marks. My instructors and examiners out in Banff used to work for thim there the season before last when he was head of the ski big 3 ski school.

Jeff is head of the Niseko Higashiyama Snow School - the one that started up last year.

why you ask bro? you know anyone teaching there?

Junior.

Niseko Instructor, I will be staying in Higashiyama again for the first week of February and was curious if you knew what the Higashiyama ski school you will be working for charges for a day and half day of private guiding? Cheers.

I dont have that info, i was only told the pay structure, not the price structure. I am not even sure if they have finalised prices for this season yet. I only got confirmation about when i can move in to staff accom a week ago.

Sorry i can't be more helpful.

Would you like a link to the wwebsite or the email address for finding out? I'll have that somewhere.

Junior.

looking forward to:

being physically tired from hiking/skiing a whole day and then take that beer and just feel all relaxed, hopefully in the sun somewhere listening to some good music..

or dressing up as a smurf for valentines day. I don't know, both are kind of similar.. banner

well, smurfette, is that what she is called in english? It's smurfan in swedish. does she gets all the guys in the village since she is the only female? just come to think of that now..

i do have blond hair, but no dress.. or high heels.. am i a female smurf or just a male smurf with long hair than?

lol, thats gotta to be one of the funniest things i've read in a while.

Smurfette always had a red hat as i recall (it was one of my favourite cartoons as a kid), do you posses a red hat?

It's true she is the only female, what does that say about smurf culture?

na, it's the old smurf that has the red hat (google) and she has a white.

I have both, but since I don't have a beard. Funny, no matter how hard I try I just can't grow one. Because of that I don't think I can qualify as the old smurf (gammelsmurfen) even if I do posses a red hat.

well, she.. what happens to all the babygirl smurfs? I would like to know what.

Maybe the bad guy and his dog steal them?

I must say that i am quite intrigued by the prospect of fancy dress smurfs on the ski hill, reminds me of my university ski trips. Though we seemed for some reason to end up dressed as umpa lumpas more than could be considered healthy.

Originally Posted By: Niseko Instructor, wooooohoooo
I'm gonna be working for Jeff Marks. My instructors and examiners out in Banff used to work for thim there the season before last when he was head of the ski big 3 ski school.

Jeff is head of the Niseko Higashiyama Snow School - the one that started up last year.
why you ask bro? you know anyone teaching there?

Junior.

Good guy. He was the examiner on my Level 3.

And it's now Niseko Village Ski School wink

I've taught for two winters with an Hirafu based snowsports school.

Will be here for my third. Great place to instruct - snow, terrain and clientelle.