We are 2 families staying in Happo One in January and would like some info about ski hire in the area.

We need gear for 4 adults and 4 teens.

Also how does the lift ticket thing work in Hakuba? Can you buy a ticket to link all resorts? How much $ for hire and lifts?

There isn't an "all resort" ticket ding33, though 47/Goryu and Cortina/Norikura are on the same ticket. But the places are big enough for a day each anyway so I don't think it's much of an issue.

Hire is all over the place, are you looking top end or just 'anything'?

smile

Thanks Rach!So it is best to purchase tickets each day so we can swap resorts?

Looking for good gear for us and ok gear for the teens.

Anyone know any names of ski hire that so I can have a look?

There are literally hundreds of small places doing rental, all over the place much pretty similar.

(One that crops up in quite a few is called Spicy).

My advice would be probably best for you to ask the place where you are staying in Hakuba, who will surely help out pointing out the nearest and best closeby.

I'd have no trouble recommending Spicey. They have good gear and offer good service. Out of the 3 families we went with this year, there was no complaints. I think their rates are reasonable but I didn't check any others.

You would be flat out covering Happo in one day so don't worry to much about a multiple resort pass. They are cheap enough to buy each day at a time.

coolmirrors

There's a place called Skiers Dome near the base of the Nakiyama lifts at Happo-one that has very good high-end rental gear. I had the phone number, and will post it if I can dig it out.

isn't there some sort of Happy7 ticket or something that is available to foreign visitors that covers 7 of the resorts in Hakuba? Or am I just blethering nonsense?

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
isn't there some sort of Happy7 ticket or something that is available to foreign visitors that covers 7 of the resorts in Hakuba? Or am I just blethering nonsense?

no that is correct for inbound customers